Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
4361 - 4380 of 4413 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
593 Posts
So yesterday was locked at home all day due to hurricane "Grace" that passed here and gave us a fun day... No electricity and no cel signal most of the day, but it passed and all good, that's the important thing

But today went out to have a drive and see what mess/water/mud we can find around in a quarry and an old abandoned Hacienda (ghost town)

Cloud Sky Plant Leaf Tree
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky
Plant Nature Leaf Wood Automotive mirror
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Car
Cloud Tire Sky Plant Cannon
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
So yesterday was locked at home all day due to hurricane "Grace" that passed here and gave us a fun day... No electricity and no cel signal most of the day, but it passed and all good, that's the important thing

But today went out to have a drive and see what mess/water/mud we can find around in a quarry and an old abandoned Hacienda (ghost town)

View attachment 1172424
Man, your graffiti is way better than ours!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Copy. I'm up in Chesapeake, VA so Carova is the closest offroad beach to me. My parents live down in Southport, so maybe I'll have to hit up Fort Fisher the next time I'm down there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Never been to Carova. I'm in PA so thats an easier drive for me. I was staying in myrtle Beach and decided to take a day to drive up to Carolina Beach. Didnt stay for long but its definitely beautiful there. Lots of toyotas and other fjs

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Yesterday, Saturday.

Mt Hood in our continuing quest for access to White River. Rd 48 did a detour here to the north and around the fire. (the burned area, the fire was last year)
Tree Sky Road surface Asphalt Plant

Plant community Natural landscape Motor vehicle Twig Terrestrial plant

Mt Hood looking a little bare. We had some snow the other day but it didn't stick. Soon!
Sky Mountain Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape

Rock Creek Reservoir is a little low.
Sky Water Plant Natural landscape Grass

Water Sky Plant Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams

We went around the closed fire area to the East. Cut across (South) from Wamic, crossed the White River to Pine Grove at the Southern end of the burned area.
Sky Plant Bedrock Tree Slope

White River Crossing, before the bridge you had to ford the river.
Plant Water resources Water Road surface Natural landscape

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Looking back on our road.
Plant community Sky Natural landscape Bedrock Vegetation

·
Premium Member
2014 Trail Teams
240 Posts
Reactions: PatriotFJ

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Where else, Mt Hood :). A beautiful day.

They even deliver.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Another of our gated roads
Plant Natural landscape Fence Shade Road surface

From High Rock looking north
Sky Mountain Plant Plant community Ecoregion

A little hazy
Sky Mountain Tree Atmospheric phenomenon Mountainous landforms

Plant Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Car Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Smoke in the East from the fire(s) still burning
Sky Plant community Plant Mountain Natural landscape

About 6,000' up Mt Hood
Cloud Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2011 ICEBERG- 6-speed
57 Posts
We FINALLY did the NACHES TRAIL in the Cascade Mountain Range in Washington. The trail was great and challenging at some points for my stock FJ. Afterwards my wife said we should get a lift and tires...Mission was a success!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
593 Posts
Did a small drive to the beach
At some point got to muddy area
Wanted to do some mud drifting but forgot I was in 4x4 🤦‍♂️ didn't notice till tried to turn hard and kept going straight, hit a small tree and got stuck hard... Took an hour, a jeep and an FJ to take me out
Fun and dirty

Water Sky Water resources Ecoregion Plant
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant
Sky Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle
Water Bedrock Wood Geological phenomenon Formation
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle tire Tread
Cloud Sky Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
Did a small drive to the beach
At some point got to muddy area
Wanted to do some mud drifting but forgot I was in 4x4 🤦‍♂️ didn't notice till tried to turn hard and kept going straight, hit a small tree and got stuck hard... Took an hour, a jeep and an FJ to take me out
Fun and dirty

View attachment 1175600 View attachment 1175601 View attachment 1175602 View attachment 1175604 View attachment 1175605 View attachment 1175606
That's some beautiful country down there. Well, 'cept the mud of course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not today, but this is from our most recent day trip exploring the harder to reach spots around San Miguel de Allende, MX. It has been raining unusually heavily this year, so this was my first chance to try my new-to-me FJ on a muddy trail. No doubt this is child's play to most forum members, but I was super impressed with how the FJ just powered through the deep mud and deep trenches on this stretch of back road. I just put it into 4H, didn't need to lock the ref diff or even use A-Trac. :

Plant Road surface Asphalt Tree Land lot

Plant Plant community Motor vehicle Window Vehicle

Plant Sky Plant community Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Plant Plant community Sky Motor vehicle

Plant Plant community Cloud Sky Hood

To this off-roading novice, it felt like much more daunting terrain than what it looks like in the photos. :ROFLMAO:

What we found at the end was a beautiful, secluded section of the large presa (reservoir) near to town filled with flowering water plants and a shoreline covered with a wonderfully smelling lemon grass type of plant:

Sky Water Water resources Plant Cloud

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Car

I've owned my FJ for about 6 weeks now, and it is everything I hoped/expected it to be. It feels amazing having the countryside completely opened to you for exploring. :)

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
593 Posts
Not today, but this is from our most recent day trip exploring the harder to reach spots around San Miguel de Allende, MX. It has been raining unusually heavily this year, so this was my first chance to try my new-to-me FJ on a muddy trail. No doubt this is child's play to most forum members, but I was super impressed with how the FJ just powered through the deep mud and deep trenches on this stretch of back road. I just put it into 4H, didn't need to lock the ref diff or even use A-Trac. :

View attachment 1176266

View attachment 1176267

View attachment 1176268

View attachment 1176269

View attachment 1176270

To this off-roading novice, it felt like much more daunting terrain than what it looks like in the photos. :ROFLMAO:

What we found at the end was a beautiful, secluded section of the large presa (reservoir) near to town filled with flowering water plants and a shoreline covered with a wonderfully smelling lemon grass type of plant:

View attachment 1176271

View attachment 1176272

I've owned my FJ for about 6 weeks now, and it is everything I hoped/expected it to be. It feels amazing having the countryside completely opened to you for exploring. :)
That's only the beginning... You're about to experience a lot more

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
A week ago actually. Sparky sent me a track from his GAIA. Back roads from Tillamook to Beaver to the south. Didn't do much for pictures on this one.

Couldn't see the DAM HOLE for all the trees in the way. :)
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Vegetation

Sky Plant Cloud Plant community Larch

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Ecoregion

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Slope Biome

Not on the same day. Mt Hood from Happy Valley/Clackamas - same week. Just thrown in. The snow didn't last long, its melted off again.
Sky Mountain Plant Tree Natural landscape

4361 - 4380 of 4413 Posts