Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
4541 - 4560 of 4573 Posts

· Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Where else? Back up to Mt Hood to check things out. The fire didn't go everywhere, still some beautiful country.

Note: The cause
View attachment 1218925

View attachment 1218939

View attachment 1218921

View attachment 1218923

One of the many beautiful camp grounds destroyed.
View attachment 1218922

View attachment 1218926

View attachment 1218927

Doesn't really show how clear, that's the bottom not a reflection
View attachment 1218928

View attachment 1218929

View attachment 1218930

I'll post more, 10 is the limit
Big fire East of me also cause = human. Bolt Fire. I get haze and smoke at my house even though I am West of the fire and the winds predominantly are West to East. Some rain cleaned up the sky a bit today. First rain in a long while.
Bolt Creek Fire Information - InciWeb the Incident Information System (nwcg.gov)

· Registered
265 Posts
Took a new route south of town today, enjoyed some more really beautiful county.

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Plant

Cloud Sky Mountain Plant community Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Land lot

Y'all will laugh, but after a year of owning the FJ and taking little day trips like this, this was the first time I aired down. I bought the gear earlier in the year, but just hadn't tested it out until last week. I only lowered it from the normal 40 psi I run to 30, but wow it made a huge difference. It's a little OT to ask it here, but what could be the reasons that some tires air down significantly slower than others? Something with how the valve was installed on some? I'm using a rapid tire deflator, and two tires aired down extremely fast, while two others had much more restricted airflow, all things being equal. Was a bit annoying that two tires dropped 10 psi in 30 seconds while 2 others took more like 5 minutes each.

· Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Took a new route south of town today, enjoyed some more really beautiful county.

View attachment 1218990
View attachment 1218988 View attachment 1218989

Y'all will laugh, but after a year of owning the FJ and taking little day trips like this, this was the first time I aired down. I bought the gear earlier in the year, but just hadn't tested it out until last week. I only lowered it from the normal 40 psi I run to 30, but wow it made a huge difference. It's a little OT to ask it here, but what could be the reasons that some tires air down significantly slower than others? Something with how the valve was installed on some? I'm using a rapid tire deflator, and two tires aired down extremely fast, while two others had much more restricted airflow, all things being equal. Was a bit annoying that two tires dropped 10 psi in 30 seconds while 2 others took more like 5 minutes each.
Airing down is the way to go :)

Reactions: FJExpat

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts

View attachment 1218990
View attachment 1218988 View attachment 1218989

Maybe u didn't open fully and took out the stem (don't know how to call it) from the valve... It restricts the flow

And... Man I wish we were living closer
One day we'll meet 🙂

· Registered
265 Posts
Airing down is the way to go :)
Totally. Being new to off-roading, I had to get over this (I guess mostly irrational fear) that airing down any amount increases the chances of losing a bead, stranding us in the middle of nowhere in the Mexican countryside and guaranteeing that I'd never get my girlfriend to go out off-roading with me again. lol But now that I've demystified it for myself it's such an improvement to the experience.

Maybe u didn't open fully and took out the stem (don't know how to call it) from the valve... It restricts the flow

And... Man I wish we were living closer
One day we'll meet 🙂
It would be great if it was that simple but I'm not so sure. I thought I tested that on the final tire by trying to catch again the stem to unscrew it more, and since I couldn't feel anything I assumed that meant the stem was fully out. But next time we go out I'll just try again and pay extra close attention.

And ya, same here! In 2023 we'll definitely start taking more frequent and longer overlanding trips. I'll probably be shooting for 1 week a month, or 10 days to 2 weeks every two months. But still, the Yucatan is sooo far jaja. We'll just have to see. (y)

· Registered
265 Posts
Went to go pick up a load of firewood. Even with the drawer system in the back, and the dog getting to keep his spot, managed to fit it all, just barely.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

More or less all to fuel this guy, a little pizza oven I "built" in our fire pit. $8 in clay bricks and a pair of scavenged stone pavers, making some of the best pizza I've ever tasted (the small pizza, of course, is for the pup).

Food Tableware Pizza Ingredient Recipe

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
Back from a weekend trip to Campeche, Mexico
Half was mud and other half rocks climbs etc...
We delayed hours messing in the mud, we were 19 cars, the 3rd was stuck already 😅
After a few tries we decided to do a "train" and hooked 4 cars at a time to cross...
Happy to say I only got stuck when I went to "rescue" someone, sadly after all the mud digging it was hard to move after... Other than that all passed smooth, even dragged a jeep gladiator behind me, so I'm happy.

Tire Plant Wheel Cloud Plant community
Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant
Bedrock Wood Watercourse Road surface Grass
Plant Wheel Hood Cloud Sky
Plant Natural landscape Wood Branch Trunk
Cloud Sky Vehicle Car Tire
Water resources Ecoregion Automotive tire Plant Vehicle
Cloud Sky Tire Plant Car

· Registered
7,599 Posts
My Utah trip got messed up so I took off to SE Oregon to hit some Hot Spring. Springs are great but weather is cold. Another few days and a few more springs. Just dodging snow so I don’t get stranded. Lots of food, propane and great sleeping bag but should have not been so lazy and brought the 4 season tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
5,748 Posts
My Utah trip got messed up so I took off to SE Oregon to hit some Hot Spring. Springs are great but weather is cold. Another few days and a few more springs. Just dodging snow so I don’t get stranded. Lots of food, propane and great sleeping bag but should have not been so lazy and brought the 4 season tent.

Where in SE? One part of Oregon I haven't explored. :(

Not seeing any steam coming off that hot spring? I do see ice 🥶

· Premium Member
5,748 Posts
I spent some time at the Hart Mountain area. Today farted around SE of Burns about 75 miles
I think I sent you a message yesterday via Email on my InReach that had my location

Message received loud and clear. Like an idiot, I didn't look to see where the coords were. :)

4541 - 4560 of 4573 Posts