Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my CO2 10lb bottle, anyone have pic's on their install/location?

thanks,

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Mine used to be here:

But it slides funny (I think a tank boot or a second strap will fix it) sometimes, so I relocate it to sit it flat behind passenger seat, no picture for that tho.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Mine used to be here:

But it slides funny (I think a tank boot or a second strap will fix it) sometimes, so I relocate it to sit it flat behind passenger seat, no picture for that tho.
Do you just have a piece of metal and a longer bolt there in the picture?
Did you have to do anything else to attach the metal strip besides get a longer bolt to attach it?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I use the PowerTank "speed bag" and throw it in the back where ever it will fit in my FJ, but I did attach a tank bracket on the left rear upright of the roll bar in the cargo area of my Wrangler.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I did the same as Caddo but used the Powertank "super mount" with it.

As to Layonn's question, yes, all it took as some longer bolts and a piece of steel from the local Home Depot except I painted mine black. Very secure and good place to mount my fire extinguisher along side it...

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Okay, I know that this isn't a CO2 bottle. But a CO2 fire extinguisher. But take a look. I removed the panel and added a piece of sheet steel behind where the bolts for the mount go thru.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
This was my temporary solution that has become permanentish...

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
what's the carbon dioxide bottle for? fire extinguisher?
Filling up tires, running power tools, air bursting someone who isn't paying attention for a laugh.:clap::cheers:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been using the Powertank carry bag, but it's getting mounted to my Springtail MPAC Side Rack as soon as that arrives.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great thanks, a lot of good ideas,

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Hey don't you need your rig to be able to mount it! JK How's everything brother? Heard I missed some carnage this weekend.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Some mounting area, but I like the mounting position of the M-PAC side rack for the CO2 tank, the metal bar and longer srews work as well.:cheers:

·
Registered
382 Posts
id like to bump this one back from extinction.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
id like to bump this one back from extinction.
Here's a bullet proof tank bracket. I bought one from Wheelers and it's a very nice product and very reasonably priced. It bolts on and is solid as a rock. Wheeler's shipped same day and charged me arounf $10 for the shipping. You can't go wrong with this bad boy:

Heavy Duty CO2 Tank Mounting Brackets

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts