Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I won't even begin to list my medical supply inventory. It's obscenely extensive for someone who isn't a doctor =)

As for the 'where' to get part, chinookmed.com = ftmfw. Selection, prices, service, etc. all top notch.
Wouldn't mind the obscene list if it happens to be collated in a "publishable" format.

Thanks for the chinookmed.com reference.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Knowledge is power, I'm currently going through an EMT course and it is amazing how helpful having a book is. You could be thrown in an ER stocked to the gills with supplies but if you don't know how to use them it does little good. Add some ziplock bags already cut in to sides to use as an occlusive dressing. That is a cheap way to add a life saving item.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,166 Posts
"The Tac-Pack® was developed for government purposes by leading trauma surgeon, Dr. Maurizio Miglietta. The end result was a trauma kit small enough to be worn in a suit pocket (Secret Service Agents) yet still capable of offering the essential items needed to treat various injuries.

The company subsequently branched out to offer specific product lines to fill the unique needs of a particular task. Today, our trauma packs are utilized by various federal and local law enforcement agencies but are also available to the general public.

The trauma pack's unique design and packaging allow it to be used as an everyday carry item. It's size, cost, and shape is a must have for anyone at risk for injury."

I've carried one everyday since 2008. Size and weight of 2 packs of smokes, side by side.

Tactical Medical Packs

Tactical Medical Packs SWAT-T video

·
Registered
55 Posts
Izzys suck for a lot of reasons, despite being used widely.

They used to have places in all of my kits until I took a class that showcased two major flaws. First, the plastic bit is prone to breakage. Second, they're quite difficult to apply to yourself with one hand (ie, patching up an arm.)

Since then H bandages have replaces all of my izzys and will continue to be my go to until something better comes along. The H isn't going to break, it can apply substantially more direct pressure, and the whole package can be used one handed while still maintaining high pressure.

Neither one is a replacement for a tourniquet though. Izzy and h bandages are just that, bandages, designed to apply pressure to the wound. The tourniquets place is farther up to stop bloodflow to more of the limb. They can be used as tourniquets, but then you still probably need something to cover the wound itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get my stock from The Survivalist Emporium located in Montgomery, Texas. They have a website but trauma bag supplies are only available in the store.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you don't like the plastic on the Israeli bandage, you can look at the cinch tight bandage. It operates on the same principle, but has a metal hook instead

·
トヨタ Master
5,781 Posts

·
Admin
6,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Very useful, informative thread! Really need to upgrade kits. Any easily packable/carry kits for concealed carry folks that include easy to use by one hand tourn and clot agents? While name escapes me at the moment, have heard there is a superior line product alternative to
Quikclot?

·
トヨタ Master
5,781 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,098 Posts
Very useful, informative thread! Really need to upgrade kits. Any easily packable/carry kits for concealed carry folks that include easy to use by one hand tourn and clot agents? While name escapes me at the moment, have heard there is a superior line product alternative to
Quikclot?
These are pretty good kits

https://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Medical-Kits-Professional-QuikClot/dp/B003BS2PW4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1516293676&sr=8-2&keywords=trauma+pak

Celox is the other clotting application, I carry Celox in my EDC and vehicles as well.

For CAT tourniques the cheapes on Ebay from China are OK have a few

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
New Year, checking gear & updating the kits.

Here's something that's relatively new to the OTC market.

https://www.narcan.com/availability
Unless I had a friend or family member that was an addict no way I would carry NARCAN and use it on a stranger. Ever seen a junkies reaction to you ruining their high? They can be very combative and crazy.

I like these roll kits and build your own.

For pre-made, these are good kits.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts