Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CB, probably going to be the first thing I install in my car (HID's are a summer weekend job).

Where do y'all mount your antennas, I have seen them on the front bumper, but I am still running a stock bumper at this point, and I dont think that would look the best.

If you have a picture, that would be great to get some ideas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I will be mounting a uhv/vhf antenna. Still undecided on the rear door hinge ala bandi mount, or mounting to the rack. Anyone had any reception issues mounted at the rear door?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
i'm running a 102" steel whip (and carry a 4' Francis for tight trails) on a Bandi mount on the rear hinge and get eastcoast all day long here in Cali (unit details in my sig below).....

GOPR0594.jpg

:bandit:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey dave do you tie your whip down (to the rack, elsewhere) when on the road?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really like those bandi's

what antenna do you run, like a 4' flex or similar?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
i use a boztec mount with a 4' firestik.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
hey dave do you tie your whip down (to the rack, elsewhere) when on the road?
i haven't yet...it stays pretty much unright as it leans forward when static due to the FJ 'rabbit stance' and i'm in a more rural area....i run the 4' Francis if i'm going urban or for rock crawling so i don't kill anyone lol....i do want to look into a rack-strap kind of like the way the military does on the hummers...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah... I really like the rack straps. i think they look hella cool.

I do live in a suburban area, if i got a whip antenna i would have to tie it down.

Looks like that will be my first addition.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a Wilson window mount in the drivers side rear window.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I once saw a roof rack mounted whip that pivots at the mount to tie down nearly flat. I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Anybody else seen one? Seems like such a logical thing.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I once saw a roof rack mounted whip that pivots at the mount to tie down nearly flat. I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Anybody else seen one? Seems like such a logical thing.
search for atv whip flag pole mounts. they pivot and lie flat.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my neighbor has a bronco with a "lay flat" whip antenna... Ill see if he remembers where he bought it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have my CB on a Bandi mount and my dual band 1/2 wave vhf/UHF antenna on a diamond K9000 motorized mount on my Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. I am considering getting a 102 inch whip antenna and mounting it to my Expedition One rear bumper on the passenger side and put a HF screwdriver on the Bandi Mount. At that point, my fj will look like a porcupine.......

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I made a custom mount for my 3' Firefly opposite the FM antenna on the driver's side, just in front of the A-pillar:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts