Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a place to drive around with the kids in the Pines.

Found a few spots off rt70 west, and one right by the parkway/rt70 exit.

Im only lifted 3" (Armada, no FJ yet), so no mud holes for me, but looking for something a little closer then Wharton Forest for when Im not planning a day trip.

Thanks

EDIT Got your PM Bandi

·
Registered
52 Posts
Haven't been there in a while, but, we usually go off of Parkway Exit 69 (Wells Mills Rd.). Go west about a 1/2 mile - 1 mile and look for fire-roads on your right. I've never been harrased by the police, but, I've heard stories. Right before the fire-road is an antiques store on the right. The owner owns a huge chunk of the land, and he let's us camp for the weekend on his property, where we can 4 wheel and ride dirtbikes and quads.

If anybody else knows any good camping sites in the pines where we can wheel and ride quads, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cant help you w/ info, but just wanted to say Armadas are sweet rides. My step-sister has one. Armadas and 4Runners are the only SUVs (other than my FJ) I would consider driving. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How are the trails there?

Wide, flat, soft sand, dirt?

Something my Armada could move thru?
Yea, they are plenty wide for the Armada, mostly sandy, lot's of whoops on the main trails, you may come up on some puddles, but, they shouldn't be that deep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts