Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking hypothetically (putting all costs of having to ship yourself and FJ aside), Where would you like to drive your FJ?

Putting aside rationality of safety, private/government property, I would like to go back to Egypt and see the pyramids again. After that I could drive anywhere across Africa, Asia and Europe. I would definitely like to drive across Australia and in New Zealand over all those damn Hobbits. To finish it off if I ever could, I would trek across Antarctica. No better yet, finish off on Mars after an atmosphere has been established. Oh wait, thats not on this world-oh well.

The International Forum looked so lonely with nothing in it so I decide to give it a little something to talk about.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Once the newness wears off and I can afford to have it fitted with plate steel and uber weapon systems, I'd like to make the north american/south america trek and take it all the way to the southern tip... I'd like to see Alaska - all of it. Drive the ididerod trail. Dakar. Just sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Percy I've been on the Pan American Hwy in Costa Rica and you'll definitely need all the on and offroad capabilities of the FJC on that thing. Giant potholes plus giant buses dodging giant potholes.

How about a trek from Moscow to Vladivostok? But not in winter.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Wus... let's do it in winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well Hello....given this hypothetical situation....i think i would definitely like to try it out in India especially the southern part in our coffee estates and try my hand at hunting some wild boars...(i dunno if they are still around...) we have got some pretty good marshy slopes...am sure the fj will kick ass....wow it would be something...i wish i could do it...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Wus... let's do it in winter.
I've been to Moscow in the winter. Call me a wus all you want but that's as far as I'm going that time of year.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Welcome Minoo. Aren't there a lot of Mahindra jeeps around your neck of the woods? Do you think they could hold their own up against an FJ Cruiser?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pancho said:
How about a trek from Moscow to Vladivostok? But not in winter.
You wouldn't want to do that in either winter or summer. Quite frankly, it has nothing to do with weather. It’s people, most of the time drunk and dangerous to be around. Trust me on that, I grew up there.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yeah goleafs, it's just a bolshoi idea. I like to challenge my Russian colleagues in Moscow with it when we are drinking together. I think it could be awesome though for Russia. It could become a huge national event and the most difficult automotive race on the planet. The TransSiberian 5000, and it might even help promote improvements in the internal infrastructure of the country. Perhaps it's impossible in today's political climate to do a public race but maybe it could be an underground race, with anonymous participants that secretly start from Moscow at staggered times and then see who can actually make it to a certain place near Vladivostok taking their own route and dodging the drunks and the local cops and the separatist terrorists. I've seen the dudes screaming through Moscow's crazy traffic on their crotch-rockets so I'm sure drivers won't be hard to come by.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know another Russian-Canadian in Toronto with the initals V.R. would you?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It'd be very difficult to keep it underground. FJ is too flashy and distinctive (especially in yellow or blue) comparing to other crap they drive outside of big cities like Moscow or St. Petersburg.

Pancho said:
Hey, you wouldn't happen to know another Russian-Canadian in Toronto with the initals V.R. would you?
I know one, what did he do? Considering that there are more than 100,000 russian-speaking people in Toronto and suburbs, he might not be your guy...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
He's in IT like I thik you said you are. I'll PM you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spent a few years in Russia (Petersburg and Moscow), and if you're planning a trans-Siberia trip, avoid the Spring. Once that permafrost starts melting, you get 6 inches of slop everywhere and trucks get stuck. You may want to outfit the FJ with metal skis of somesort to follow the rivers in the dead of winter, like the Russian do with their trucks. As for the Russians, take a couple of hardy Russian "ambali" with you for protection and for great evenings drinking and partying. It can get pretty quiet and solitary in Siberia. No one knows how to party like the Russians! Kruto! ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
RedDog said:
.. No one knows how to party like the Russians! Kruto!
We sure do! Hey, I got an idea. Once we all get our FJ's, how about a big FJ party somewhere in the middle of America? Wouldn't that be KRUTO (COOL in English) ?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
At this point I'll be thrilled just to drive the FJC out of the dealers lot with my own license plate attached to it. Then I'll start dreaning up destinations.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So what's the geographic center of North America? And Pamela Sue Anderson is not the correct answer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wouldn't that be KRUTO (COOL in English) ?

KRUTO=COOL, AWESOME! Or for that matter: KAIFOVO! (same translation)

I'll admit I haven't used Russian much since the late 90s, but I can still get around. Awesome language; awesome people!:D

Hey I'm all for an FJ Pow-Wow. I'm honestly thinking waiting till the 2nd or even 3rd round of FJs come out before springing for one. I'm still not pleased with the rear door opening sideways and I'm hoping they get SEMA green or tan in a diesel option. It's going to be a test of my own willpower to see if I can hold out for as many of those options as possible, before I cave in....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would definitely take it to the Empty Quarter (in Saudi Arabia) and to the valleys between Yemen & Saudi, to see if it can stand like my 97 Land Cruiser pickup70 :cool:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts