Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw 4 FJ's on my way to work today. I waved emphatically to every one of them and get nothing but blank stares and looks in the other direction. Where is the FJ love?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
You don't happen to look like Charles Manson, do ya? Or, floss with a piece of rope?

J/K ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I put my emergency lights or even high beam just to say Hello. No one has returned the favor :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hear ya, I wave all the time and only get a wave back or a headlight flash if it is someone I know in the club! I see a couple every morning and every afternoon to and from work. Everytime I get no response I tell myself, I am never waving EVER again. But I do, cuz I am a true FJ'er...oh well!

The people that don't wave back don't deserve to be driving FJ's!

Do ya ever wave when you aren't in your FJ? I forget sometimes and will wave or give the peace sign when I have to drive my husbands Tundra and see an FJ! That's when you get the really strange looks!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Seems like most FJ drivers I see could care less. I was actually spotted by a forum member on my way home once. When I see an FJ, I slow down or speed up to catch it only to be ignored. I get more waves from other FJs with lifts and other other trail gear. The stock FJs just zoooooooom by :mecry:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I guess the stock fjs try to hide because they think the modded fjs are too cool. Therefore, they ignore us. :( haha

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Many of the non-wavers are mall crawlers or soccer moms... They purchased the FJ because it was "cute" and have no idea of what a great family of owners is here!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
There a lot of drivers out there who I'd prefer to have both hands on the wheel, looking forward....and their cell phone turned off.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I was just talking about this phenomenon a couple weeks ago. Since my post here then, I have passed maybe 30 FJs. Out of those 30, only two waved, but one did go out of his way to pull up next to me in his Sun Fusion and yell across how much he loved my trail team... so that was refreshing. :bigthumb:

Most of the time tho - the other 27 or so - didn't even look or were on their damn cell phone. I would give my kingdom for a device that causes cell-phones to explode remotely, causing severe burns. Sadly, I doubt even that would teach the cell-tards the proper lesson, and they'd be back to bleating on about their mundane lives (bandages and all) in no time.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's a tough generalization. I drive a stock '08 TT SE and I try to wave to other FJ's whenver possible (LA freeways excepted). There are modded out FJ's that won't acknowledge you either.
I agree! :) The only mod on my 'rig' is a Moab window sticker and several natural pinstripes and I do the old 'three wiper' wave at every FJ I see. I've only gotten a handful of headlight flashes, waves, or any other acknowledgement, even from modded trucks. Maybe my fellow Austinites have their hands full of Starbuck's and cell phones...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i see a lifted silver fj 3 out of 5 days per week, i used to flash lights and never got a response, he is dead to me!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
i have gotten waves about 75% of the time.are canadians nicer EH ?lol

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i have gotten waves about 75% of the time.are canadians nicer EH ?lol
canadians are GREAT!!!!:cheers:, WE LOVE OUR BROTHERS FROM THE NORTH

·
Registered
300 Posts
when i was in yellowstone park 2 days ago (im home now) i saw a nice voodooblue modded fj stopped on the side of the road looking at elk. so i got out took some pics of the elk and then on the way back i looked at the guy when he was looking at me and i mouthed fj rocks and waved and gave the :rocker: and said nice fj and he just looked at me... and then went on with taliking on the cell!:boohoo:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.