Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a cb, specifically the midland 75-822 before the meet and greet so i can use it for the trail run. I've looked high and low at bestbuy fry's radioshack walmart target etc. etc.. and went to one cb radio store and he wanted 130 for a refurbished one with what looked like old lunch stuck in the mic area still....

anyone know where I can pick one up tommorrow and not get ripped off?

thanks
-Kevin

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a cb, specifically the midland 75-822 before the meet and greet so i can use it for the trail run. I've looked high and low at bestbuy fry's radioshack walmart target etc. etc.. and went to one cb radio store and he wanted 130 for a refurbished one with what looked like old lunch stuck in the mic area still....

thanks
-Kevin
There is a store in Culver City called Dirty Parts. The owner is going to the MG on Sat. If you pay up front, he will bring it on Saturday. I recommend you give him a call. He has the Midland that you speak of.

(310) 390 9086

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a store in Culver City called Dirty Parts. The owner is going to the MG on Sat. If you pay up front, he will bring it on Saturday. I recommend you give him a call. He has the Midland that you speak of.

(310) 390 9086
cool I've been meaning to check out his store,
I'll give him a call tommorrow to see how much it is!

thanks!:cheers:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd try a local truck stop or service center.
I called a few in LA.. and they kept thinking i was saying "CD RADIO" and when I finally cleared it up they said they THINK they have 2... I think the nicer truck stops are up north near the grape vine like flying J but that's a little far.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I called a few in LA.. and they kept thinking i was saying "CD RADIO" and when I finally cleared it up they said they THINK they have 2... I think the nicer truck stops are up north near the grape vine like flying J but that's a little far.
pm sent...

·
Registered
253 Posts

thanks
-Kevin
I was looking recently also, FRYS in Burbank has a few models to choose from. I ended up ordering a portable unit online from Costco, but still looking for external antenna options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts