Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of coilovers for my 2010 as the Bilsteins are shot. I don't need them now now but don't want to wait for black friday either. I'd like a set of basic 2.5 Icons. I have been looking around and it seems the price is the same across the vendors. Any vendor on the forum that offers an ongoing discount or such? Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm pretty sure Icon sets the prices, so all Icon vendors will be roughly the same. One of the forum vendors might be able to apply a forum discount. I think MetalTech is 5%. Also, you might get a better price if you call, as vendors may offer a lower price but they can't advertise it due to Icon's rules

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Icon has MAP pricing. When there's a sale, you'll know it, as all vendors will offer the same deal.

The differences will be:
Service
In stock
Shipping
Sales tax

in that order.

Saving ten bucks to buy from a vendor who won't return your support and warranty calls is false economy.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As an user of ICON shocks I wish I had spent an extra 500 bucks if needed and bought Kings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, Kings are king. My plan is SAS, just not quire ready for it. Otherwise it would be Kings!

Difference is about $200. Maybe I should just spring for Kings though....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Don't mean to hi-jack - OP. I am looking for a 2.5 kit - not just fronts.

Call up the forum sponsors - they may be able to help some on the pricing.

Agree with Voight, service is #1 .

Pricing on ICON's website, $1259 (fronts) + $1302 (rears w/resi) + $735 (tubular UCA) = $3296 - add $320 for resi on front. AND still need rear springs($250) = almost $4k.
On the Toytec site: Kit "KSFJ10 - King Complete Kit for 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser" = $3320 - with resi fronts&rears and TC UCAs, include rear springs.

Why would one not go Kings from Toytec?

What am I missing?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Pricing on ICON's website, $1259 (fronts) + $1302 (rears w/resi) + $735 (tubular UCA) = $3296 - add $320 for resi on front. AND still need rear springs($250) = almost $4k.
On the Toytec site: Kit "KSFJ10 - King Complete Kit for 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser" = $3320 - with resi fronts&rears and TC UCAs, include rear springs.

What am I missing?
The icon website tends to be more expensive than the other websites. Try looking on the metal tech website. ICON UCAs usually are also a bit more expensive. I have TC UCAs and really like them, have had no issues at all with them. Consider LT for the rear setup, metal tech has it readily available on their website.

·
Registered
243 Posts

What am I missing?
Maybe some people want digressive valving? Maybe they want a compete suspension system that isn't a bunch of brands of parts thrown together? Maybe it's because freedom?

I've had good experiences with toytec and wheelers.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I haven't had good reliability with my ICON's. Broken rear stems and front hats multiple times. Sent them in the last time to rebuild and they trashed them and sold me new ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts