Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in VaBeach. FJ is still stock. Looking for a medium-light trail to go camping for 3-4 days. Maybe a stream or lake with some fishing? AWAY from people and crowds. Hate hate hate campgrounds. I know I'm asking alot and most people don't want to give up their "secret spots", but maybe someone can give me a hint or an idea where to get started. You can even tell me when NOT to go so we won't intrude on ya! hehe I really miss some of the spots we had back in CO and getting to them in my old 67 CJ5 and 80 FJ40. Reply here. PM me. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I'll even buy you dinner at my restaurant for the info.

Western VA, NC are both fine. We don't mind a half or 3/4 day drive to get there...

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just so nobody thinks I am completely lazy, I HAVE done some searches, but so much comes up. GW National Forest seems to come up a lot, but I need some hints on specifics, especially a decently secluded spot with maybe some stream/lake access.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I personally believe the Smokies are the most cptivating area on this side of the Mississippi. Look toward the border between NC and TN. Careful of Cherokee and Gatlinburg, maybe more touristy than you want. And there is always the possibility of a trip through Tellico's #1 trail.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
You might look to the North Carolina side of the Smoky's. The Smokey Mountain Cruisers did a Ride & Hike last month and there was a nice & peaceful ride in the Cataloochee area.

Tellico is also a great area, but you won't be able to do all the trails there.

If you need some for info, just PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts