Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - Just got a new FJ and looking to learn the ropes. I took my 2 boys (6 and 12) out today to rowhers flat and scooted around a bit. It became very clear I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to learn things the hard way with my wifes daily driver FJ; nor with my boys in the car, etc. I kept it slow and easy and didn't attempt hardly anything as I was worried about doing something wrong. I realized immediately the importance of learning how to wheel from people who know how to do it and not by looking at pics on the internet. I'm not looking to do anything too crazy, but rather just be able to confidently hit some local trails and feel in control of the situation.

Any advice on how to get going, where to go, who to meet, anyone in the area interested in mentoring a noob :)

Thanks all,
JD

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm nearby (Sherman Oaks) and unfortunately new as well. I was also hoping to meet some more experienced members to learn from. I use to play on the trails a long time ago with a 79 Cherokee Chief (Full Sized Jeep) but It was cheap to fix and darn hard to break so its a completely different situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts