Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just got cb installed and was looking to see where people were storing their antennas when not in use. Post your pics!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,233 Posts
On the mount?

·
Admin
7,122 Posts
On the clothes hooks along the headliner.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Well I want it up and out of the way so it doesn't get crushed when loading the back.
I like the clothes hook idea
I just put mine on the floor in the back. Depending on which length you have, it fits nicely between the front of the carpet back there and the slope going up to the back seats. If you have one longer than 4 feet such that it won't fit there, it'll have to come out.

·
fka Memphibious FJ
1,478 Posts
On the clothes hooks along the headliner.
:cheers:
Yep, that's what works for me. I have a 36" firestik with a spring and quick-disconnect. The spring fits snugly into the clothes-hook, holding the antenna along the headliner. Puts it out of the way, but not buried under other gear when I need it.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a 4ft and a 3ft. Its a stupid story why I have two but that is for another time. The 4 foot fits perfectly between the back seats and the wheel wells. The gap is large enough for it to fit and it doesn't rattle. I usually leave the 3 foot on but I sometimes have to pull it off to fit into parking garages. When I take that one off, I put it agains the door sill next to the drive seat. It stays in place and reminds me to put it back on when I leave the garage.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yep, that's what works for me. I have a 36" firestik with a spring and quick-disconnect. The spring fits snugly into the clothes-hook, holding the antenna along the headliner. Puts it out of the way, but not buried under other gear when I need it.
^^X3

One side is for the antenna the other side is for the whip and flag.

It all fits nicely and out of the way.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I keep mine in the house with most of the heavy duty recovery gear that I only carry on trail. I keep a stainless steel bolt lubed with dielectric grease in the spring to keep out road dirt. Takes 2 minutes to switch out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
X2 same place mine is!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts