Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. It’s about time to upgrade the audio/video side of my 2007. I was wondering if any one else who frequently has a bike rack mounted had any suggestions for location of mounting a back up camera. The rack is on 98% of the time with or without bikes. Thanks!

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2007 6MT Black Cherry
10 Posts
I do not have a bike rack (yet) but this is where I mounted my rear cam.

I have it set to be just a rear cam than a backup cam (no reverse activation). You're following the 3rd brake light wiring and it seems to give the best vantage point for what you're probably going for.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not have a bike rack (yet) but this is where I mounted my rear cam.

I have it set to be just a rear cam than a backup cam (no reverse activation). You're following the 3rd brake light wiring and it seems to give the best vantage point for what you're probably going for.
This is perfect. Thanks!

· Registered
2008 Titanium Metallic
53 Posts
I have a dual dash cam and just use my the view from my rear dash cam. But if I didn't have that, I'd mount it to the back side of my roof rack.

· Registered
Mississauga Ontario Canada
278 Posts
Sky Motor vehicle Tree Cloud Mode of transport

I mounted one off of the roof rack. It’s great for monitoring trailers/boats. A buddy borrowed my FJ specifically for his bike rack and he mentioned that the camera was great to monitor it.

· Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
901 Posts
You may want to consider gluing a neodymium magnet or two to the back of the camera. The magnets are crazy strong and will stick to metal. If you leave slack in your electrical line it will give you the ability to move the camera around as needed. If you are concerned that the camera may fall off you could add a zip tie. You can get them at Lowes, HD or online retailers like Amazon.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

1 - 13 of 13 Posts