Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I happened to be in CHI for the auto show and saw the FJ. It made me hold off buying a new Xterra. But come on, we need some real news\scoop on this. There really hasn't been anything new since Feb? - has there?

I heard there would be an orange color, will there. I'd like to see it.

And what are the real dimensions. How much extra hight will the displayed roof rack add - I gotta fit it in my garage.

And what size engine. I've seen everything from 140\190 hp to 246hp. Nissan fixed the engine power issue with their latest edition of the Xterra. Surely Toyota will go stronger than 190.

Give me a reason to put down a deposit on this .... toy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems like the latest, most likely engine is a normally aspirated 4.0 litre V6 pumping out 240-245 hp. Nice. Won't make the FJCruiser the fastest mid-size SUV, but should make for nice daily driver duties and easier freeway passing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
tagtom said:
OK, I happened to be in CHI for the auto show and saw the FJ. It made me hold off buying a new Xterra. But come on, we need some real news\scoop on this. There really hasn't been anything new since Feb? - has there?

I heard there would be an orange color, will there. I'd like to see it.

And what are the real dimensions. How much extra hight will the displayed roof rack add - I gotta fit it in my garage.

And what size engine. I've seen everything from 140\190 hp to 246hp. Nissan fixed the engine power issue with their latest edition of the Xterra. Surely Toyota will go stronger than 190.

Give me a reason to put down a deposit on this .... toy.
Here is everything I know, simply gathered from around the internet:

FJ Cruiser
Overall Length: 177.6
Overall Width: 74.6
Overall Height: 70.9
Wheelbase: 105.9
Ground Clearance: 9.6

Wrangler (for comparison)
Overall Length: 150.2
Overall Width: 68.3
Overall Height: 71.2
Wheelbase: 93.4
Ground Clearance: 10.0

The colors that have been announced so far are:

- Exterior:
Titanium Metallic, Black Diamond, Black Cherry Pearl, and the new, bright colors Atomic Sun (possibly orange?) and Voodoo Blue (smurf blue?).

- Interior:
All will be charcoal gray water-resistant material with matching rubber flooring. According to a kid I was in contact with who sat in a prototype, there is no exposed metal on the inside, which annoys me.

The V6 engine is going to be a 250 horser, so plenty of kick. Solid rear axle with lockers. Independent front suspension, which I will kick to the curb as soon as a solid front axle conversion comes along.

That's about it. No news on if the stupid c-pillar is getting axed, but most people seem to think it will for safety reasons.

I really wish there were some more info out there...

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm starting to think more like you Tag. I'm leaning more and more to the Xterra. I have a hunch that they will price a lot of people out of this truck. It has to be well below the Xterra, if it isn't then 4 doors it is. With the deals most dealers are having, employee pricing the FJ will seem even that much more expensive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My only advice is to be patient. Toyota is notorious for keeping information and details about future upcoming products very secret. I've owned a few of their new products in the past and they were very hush hush about providing details until it was close for the vehicle to debut. I don't know why they do this, but they are one of the few companies around that continue with that tradition. I've learned that they usually make it worth the wait.

-Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
FJ Update Sept. 05 (Autoblog)

I will have pics tommorow by lwholesell Sep 10, 2005 (9:44 pm)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Ok guys...good news! I work for a Toyota Dealership and my dealer, who is also my father, is in Chicago this week for Toyota's New Cars Show. He called this afternoon to let me know how amazed he is with the FJ. Toyota had three FJ's on hand and the colors were....Blue....Yellow....and silver.
He said the interior of the vehicle is pretty plain...rubber floors and pretty basic insturments/gauges. But all in all an extremely kewl Truck. When he gets back in town I will get the pics off of his camera phone and will try to upload them to the board.
Also, any one that is interested, Toyota had the new Tundra on hand that will go into production 4th qtr of 06. I think he also got some pics of that truck as well.
I cant wait to see/share these pics

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: FJ Update Sept. 05 (Autoblog)

fireice said:
I will have pics tommorow by lwholesell Sep 10, 2005 (9:44 pm)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Ok guys...good news! I work for a Toyota Dealership and my dealer, who is also my father, is in Chicago this week for Toyota's New Cars Show. He called this afternoon to let me know how amazed he is with the FJ. Toyota had three FJ's on hand and the colors were....Blue....Yellow....and silver.
He said the interior of the vehicle is pretty plain...rubber floors and pretty basic insturments/gauges. But all in all an extremely kewl Truck. When he gets back in town I will get the pics off of his camera phone and will try to upload them to the board.
Also, any one that is interested, Toyota had the new Tundra on hand that will go into production 4th qtr of 06. I think he also got some pics of that truck as well.
I cant wait to see/share these pics
That's awesome info bro! Thanks for sharing that. I sincerely appreciate it and I can hardly wait to see the pics. Oh yeah, even though i'm new myself around here, allow me to take the time to welcome you to FJ Cruiser Forums! I'm glad that your here and that you can provide us with much sought after need to know FJ information!

Thanks again Bro and Welcome aboard!

-Chris

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Fireice,

Any word on the rumor that the top is only availible in white? Not sure I would dig a silver truck with a white top.

Thanks for the info and I can't wait to see the pics!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas for this thing to finally come out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seems like the latest, most likely engine is a normally aspirated 4.0 litre V6 pumping out 240-245 hp. Nice. Won't make the FJCruiser the fastest mid-size SUV, but should make for nice daily driver duties and easier freeway passing.
9" wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
So, did this FJ thing get released or not? I need to know!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts