Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there's a TLCA- being a Texan, I guess I'm supposed to join Lone Star and that automatically gets me into TLCA?

I also see TTORA. . .

It's a little confusing. In the Porsche and MB world, each brand has one major owner's club that exposes you to social events, gets you discounts on parts, etc.

What's critical to join if one becomes an offroad and/or Toyota enthusiast and wants to learn more/gain exposure/maybe get value added benefits such as discounts on parts?

TIA

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
TLCA will be separate, but you must be a TLCA member to join one of it's chapters.

You can go to TLCAForum.com - IH8MUD™ Forums and find out more information on your local chapters.

TX- Lone Star Land Cruisers - IH8MUD™ Forums

TX- Texas Land Cruiser Club - Houston - IH8MUD™ Forums

Toyota Trail Riders - A TLCA Chapter - Powered by vBulletin

TX- Alamo City Land Cruisers - IH8MUD™ Forums

TX- Lone Star Land Cruisers - Austin Chapter - IH8MUD™ Forums

TX- The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter - IH8MUD™ Forums

You have a lot of options to choose from.

I'm not really sure on TTORA's set up.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Time to register at IH8MUD!!!:rocker:

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Im hoping Tacozilla will chime in on the TTORA aspect... but they are nation wide, and host a LOT of great events for people from novice to expert.
"Membership" for them is a loose term I do believe.

They are a fun group to wheel with, plenty of knowledge -- not just FJ Cruiser knowledge.

The Toyota Land Cruiser groups (at least the Houston chapter) is a good group as well.

My suggestion, would be to go to a few monthly meetings, and introduce yourself, tag along on the next wheeling the club(s) has planned and check out the people for yourself.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Of that list, I suggest Lone Star Land Cruisers if you are really interested in the trucks. If you really like to drink and talk like a Texan, join the White Trash. Both are great clubs!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
You might take a look at The Toyota Trail Riders, which is a TLCA club and is made up of mostly Dallas and surrounding area members; more than a few of which are employees of FJ Cruiser Offroad, which is part of Toyota of Dallas and is also a forum sponsor. A number of the members (myself included) own FJ's. It's a pretty serious 4 wheeling club so if you're not into offroading you could always check out one of the other TLCA affiliated area clubs.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts