• The FJ Runner Concept

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some FJ Cruisers that have been shown as concepts or specialty builds over the years at SEMA and other Auto Shows. Vote which is your favorite!

1. The original 2003 FJ Cruiser Concept - The original idea that sparked what we would come to know and love today.

2. The Rugged Convertible FJ Cruiser Concept - A rugged FJ Cruiser ready to protect from the elements yet allow the driver and passengers the opportunity to get some more fresh air.

3. The FJ Cruiser Truck Concept - The unique twist on the FJ Cruiser making it a rival to the Hummer H2 or H3 SUT (Sport Utility Truck).

4. The "Ultimate" FJ Cruiser Concept - The solid axled beast we all wish still existed.

5. The FJ Cruiser Desert Raider Concept - The ultra-utility FJ ready to disappear into its sandy surroundings yet conquer the obstacles placed before it.

6. The FJ-S Cruiser Concept - The factory supercharged and off-road ready rig complete with leather seating.

7. The FJ Runner Concept - A unique fusion of 2 of Toyota's most capable vehicles, the 4Runner and FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I like the FJ-Runner, but wish they'd put a little more FJ into the back half.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
I voted #4 . The "Ultimate" FJ Cruiser Concept. Without all the stickers and strips. Oh, and its the wrong color green :)

Doesn't #6 , The FJ-S Cruiser Concept, look pretty much stock? I'll have to go check photos. I like it too.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ultimate! Can't beat the SFA.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
The original for sure - their can be only one.

The others are just spinoffs

·
Registered
414 Posts

"Toyota commissioned ASC (American Specialty Cars) of Huntington Beach, California to produce the soft-top prototype. A TRD supercharged 4.7 liter I-Force V-8 was used and ASC installed a customized InfiniVu roof, which included a canvas top that could be opened toward the front or rear of the vehicle. The body was finished in Heritage Orange, trimmed in dark gray Teflon trim, and capped by a bright white top. Also new was the small cargo bed/tailgate assembly, a dropping rear window, wraparound rear-quarter glass, 33-inch Mickey Thompson tires and American Racing wheels."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts