Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
3 is way too much. It'll look like a retarded bulldog. When I put my Daystar 3" spacer lift on, I did the fronts first and it raised it up higher than level.

I would say the 1.5 will probably put it perfectly level but you could probably get away with a 2.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've got the Day Star lift and level kit, and I'm at 60k miles with them. Didnt change the ride at all and does what I need it to on the trails and sand dunes.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Save your money, if you have the bug to level, you'll have the bug to lift in the near future.

Spoken from experience

Great looking FJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Save your money, if you have the bug to level, you'll have the bug to lift in the near future.

Spoken from experience

Great looking FJ
Definitely.

I put an "in coil pack" spacer from Wheeler's Off Road. It was 1.25" I believe. I think it is basically the part of the Daystar kit that goes inside the strut assembly, without the top plate spacer. Perfectly level, and $35.

Now I want more. Might go to the full Daystar just to see how I like the height before I drop $$ on something more.

By the way, I am running 285s on stock rims with spidertrax 1" spacers. I had no rubbing before the spacers, but I put the spacers on because I think it looks better, and gives more room between the tire and spindle. I did my own body mount chop.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Here is mine with a 2.5 Daystar front, and 1.5" Daystar rear. I think it sits perfect in my opinion. This keeps the stock ride as well. Everyone is going to tell you to skip the leveling kit and go straight for the full lift, but do what is in your budget, and what you will be using it for. I do 99.99999999% of my wheeling at the the beach, so there is no need for me to spend $1,500-$6,000 on a lift, rock sliders, and skids. People get very caught up in keeping with Joneses, but you should build your FJ for your own personal needs. No reason to build mine the same as a guy in Utah, Arizona, or Colorado, due to the terrain differences. All I have is white sand, not even much mud around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So if I have 2" difference between front and rear, a 1.5" spacer should do the trick to make my Fj basically level, correct? The other question I have is: Is there any alignment issues when installing spacers? I read somewhere that there was.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
So if I have 2" difference between front and rear, a 1.5" spacer should do the trick to make my Fj basically level, correct? The other question I have is: Is there any alignment issues when installing spacers? I read somewhere that there was.
I would recommend the Bilstein 5100's over spacers for the front leveling. In either case, anytime you change things in the suspension it needs to include a new alignment.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I did a daystar level/lift to mine basically because I was impatient and wanted it lifted now, instead of saving my money for the suspension I actually wanted. While it looks better, I'm finding myself not willing to wheel it as hard as I did stock because of the ball joint angles and lack of bump stop protection. I'm currently saving my money for a Radflo set up with TC uca's. I ran a spacer lift on my old Tundra for years, however it never saw the kind of stuff I tackle with the FJ. If you don't work your suspension much, a small spacer should be fine. just my $.02

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read a thread somewhere that a 2" spacer was installed and they couldn't bring their alignment within OEM specifications. Has anyone experience this problem?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I read a thread somewhere that a 2" spacer was installed and they couldn't bring their alignment within OEM specifications. Has anyone experience this problem?
I run a 2 inch spacer up front to level. Actually brought it to get an alignment right after the installation and the tire guys said it didn't even need it.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Before I lifted it which you will later. I installed a 1.5 Aluminum coil spacer that bolts to the top of the coil spring pack. Made it perfectly level & no alignment issues. Now sitting on my work bench covered in dust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts