Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So currently my Fj has these black/silver 17” Beadlock style wheels from a previous owner…And to be honest I can’t seem to like them because they look like a horrible version of the (TRD trails team Beadlock style wheels PTR18-35090) and they look cheap looking.
So I wanted to go with a set of Silver wheels, But I am torn between the (OE TRD Silver Toyota 16” Wheel PT904-35070) or the (17” OE Stock 2010-2014 Silver Toyota Wheels Part # 4261135410) which ones would you guys think would look best on this Voodoo Blue FJ?
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Arm Leg Cartoon Mouth Human body

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014, Resz V2.5, Warn, Fabtech 6”, Exp. 1 dual, Baja Designs & KC Gravity Pro 6, Stealth Custom -38
194 Posts
I could sell you my stock 2014 wheels but not sure where you are located. Look at
I am running the Ray 10’s
Different option than stock and stands out from the crowd 🤔

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What do your stock wheels look like and their size? And ooh, they have some nice wheels at SCS! I love the F5's, but they're a little blue garish and those Ray 10's are really nice.

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
"And to be honest I can’t seem to like them because they look like a horrible version of the (TRD trails team bedrock style wheels PTR18-35090)".

Bedrock ... do you mean beadlock?

Never heard of 'bedrock' wheels.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My current wheels are the black bedrock ones in the first picture
Oops, we crossed posts between you and effief100. He was the one offering what I think were his old Black Beadlock 16's. Unfortunately, now he's got me interested in those Ray 10's. His fault. :p

I'm not quite in love with the split rim look on your black rims. Sorry.

Edit: What size Ray 10's did you purchase effief100 and did you have to do any modifications? I don't have a body lift.

·
Premium Member
2014, Resz V2.5, Warn, Fabtech 6”, Exp. 1 dual, Baja Designs & KC Gravity Pro 6, Stealth Custom -38
194 Posts
17x9 -38 offset.
I am running 1.5" Hub Centric Wheel Spacers with Mikey Thompson 35 “ Baja Boss MT.
I could probably not run spacers but I like the wider stance for stability.
I did a body mod chop . I have a 6 inch Fab tech lift that most people on here seem to not like. My money … my ride. I don’t rock crawl. I live in lower Alabama. I had a 89 4 Runner that was bad a$$. I am re-living my younger years with the FJ build and my 4 Runner back in the day.

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,775 Posts
One more vote for the 16" PT904-35070's

Reactions: Vivahate89

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
mine came from the factory with the 8 hole 17's. i honestly didn't like them and tried unsuccessfully to get the dealer to swap with another FJ that had the 6 spoke ones. they have grown on me though and i think they look better on some colors than the 6 spoke ones, my army green included.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Ya”ll do realize 17”s came stock on later mode FJ”s. I really don’t think 1 inch of difference will make that big of a difference of GRIP or TRACTION. I hate big wheels. If we were talking 20’s or above I would 100% agree. Anything other than stock size is crazy and we are on the same page. But we are taking about a Inch.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Damn, the SCS Ray 10's are nearly wiped out in most sizes. All that's left are in the 18's except in Stealth Indigo, which is in a 17X9. No pics of what that color looks like and that size would need spacers if one doesn't have a body lift I'm guessing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts