Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choosing the runs ahead of time and not being able to plan with friends is a PITA. I want to wheel with my buds and if nobody knows what the other is registering for it seems like a potential PITA for people to plan runs with friends. I'll hold off on registration for now. My friends that are going who have already registered, could you please PM me and let me know what runs you've selected with dates and times.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
A bunch of us SE Convoyer's picked out the trails on Saturday night from last years trail maps that we wanted to do and then Sunday we PM'ed, IM'ed & called each other.

It worked out good for us. :)

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I had to hurry when i registered and got lucky to get on a run with two socal'ers (just uphill and fj funjunkie.). I'm shy so I'd like to know at least one person i'm on a run with.

I'd like to know who else i know is on some runs.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I feel for you frogeye but since this is my first Summit, I look at it as an opportunity to meet lots of new folks. :)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel for you frogeye but since this is my first Summit, I look at it as an opportunity to meet lots of new folks. :)
True and very valid. I just would like to have a few friends along for the run. I totally understand how it will make Jason and everyone's life a little easier coordinating the event. I think Katfish's hormones are affecting me.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
It's not a mod decision, different people run the event. Last year they wouldn't post names from privacy purposes (not everyone is from this site), but people can post their own info if they want :p
It is nice to know tho! Although I would want to know who is on what trail so I know what time NOT to pick :rofl:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not a mod decision, different people run the event. Last year they wouldn't post names from privacy purposes (not everyone is from this site), but people can post their own info if they want :p
It is nice to know tho! Although I would want to know who is on what trail so I know what time NOT to pick :rofl:
GRRR! true. Maybe I should start that thread. Thanks Amanda. OMG there are so many different time slots

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Dude, all you have to do is tell me. I'll go at a different time. :)

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
In as much as I agree that it is fun to run with your "regular" crowd, this event is a chance to break the mold a bit and run with others from around the country that you wouldn't have a chance to run with any other time. Typically, you can run with the local crowd at many of your local events and at the FJSummit, you can see/run with new people and maybe make some new friends...

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In as much as I agree that it is fun to run with your "regular" crowd, this event is a chance to break the mold a bit and run with others from around the country that you wouldn't have a chance to run with any other time. Typically, you can run with the local crowd at many of your local events and at the FJSummit, you can see/run with new people and maybe make some new friends...
Very true. I'll feel lonely. Maybe I'm just the PITA. Oh well I know I want to do Black Bear, Alpine Loop, and Immogene. I like Doms thread in the Socal section asking peeps to post the info. Thanks Dom.

Just my luck no one will pm me :boohoo:

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Very true. I'll feel lonely. Maybe I'm just the PITA. Oh well I know I want to do Black Bear, Alpine Loop, and Immogene. I like Doms thread in the Socal section asking peeps to post the info. Thanks Dom.

Just my luck no one will pm me :boohoo:
Yeah, me either. I'm not on the "cool" list. But, if you recall, we ran the same trail (Imogene?) last year and it was good to put a "name to a face"...

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
I hope to wheel with ya Froggy, here are my trail runs and times buddy. :)

Thursday: - Imogene Pass at 08:30 am
Friday: - Black Bear at 07:00 am
Saturday: - Alpine Loop at 07:00 am

1 - 20 of 21 Posts