Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what paint has worked the best and matches best?

I've seen people using Rustoleum White for Plastic looking pretty good as well as Krylon White---but not sure which of thes people are happy with.

How are the white bezels holding up after the trail?

black I imagine would be hard to see anyways but white might get nasty fast.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I painted mine 6 months and 6,000 miles ago - it looks like the day I did it. I actually think the Krylon paint is as durable as the Toyota paint.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you remember which Krylon you used? there are so many whites out there

yours looks awesome. nice steelies by the way

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used the Rustoleum white, I have some chips in the paint from being stuck behind a semi, but I can always repaint it every so often.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I painted mine 6 months and 6,000 miles ago - it looks like the day I did it. I actually think the Krylon paint is as durable as the Toyota paint.

I Like!!!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

Saw this FJ sitting on a dealers lot in NJ. I took the liberty of photoshopping the bezel onto the FJ to see how the Brick would look with a white bezel and the stock bumper. I think it looks good myself!

Mike

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, manhattan's looks great and I got a Ti

tough tho.......cuz black looks good too and like it would match better and last longer

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these all look great

now someone tell me which shade of Krylon you're using!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used the Rust-Oleum White Plastic Paint. It is the only white they have. My process was sanding the bezel with 400 grit soft rag and following with a coat of adhesion promotor. Then I painted with 4 coats. Holding up very well.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Oops... I didn't used Krylon. I used plain old Rustoleum Gloss White. When I first painted it, I noticed that it was brighter than the roof... now, I don't notice. Not sure if it faded or what... but it still looks good.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts