Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what you all thought about the white roof and whether or not it would stay "white" after a period of use. I really like the way the fj looks, but am concerned that after a while the white roof will start to look brown or some other grimy color. The reason I ask is because the roof looks plastic or something, which leads me to believe that it would be highly susceptible to staining. Let me know what you all think! Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Im going to go out on a limb here and say the roof is the same material as the rest of the vehicle.....

I like the white too, but I have already contacted a custom paiint shop to match the top to whatever color I choose for the Fj.

Just want to keep people guessing on if it came off the lot all one color :cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like the idea of it being two-tone, and the white looks good with a some of the colors, but I wish i could be had in a variety of colors.

·
Registered
294 Posts
RAdkins said:
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what you all thought about the white roof and whether or not it would stay "white" after a period of use. I really like the way the fj looks, but am concerned that after a while the white roof will start to look brown or some other grimy color. The reason I ask is because the roof looks plastic or something, which leads me to believe that it would be highly susceptible to staining. Let me know what you all think! Thanks!
Dude, its painted.
Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I am just wondering if I can get something fancy like a cooper mini :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Uhmmm.... yeah, the roof is definitely the same material as the rest of the vehicle only painted white. You're gonna be okay. As long as you can wash your car, you shouldn't have a hard time keeping it white.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Though I did here the rumor that the Special Edition model will have carbon fiber option to save weight along with titatium skid plates

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Roosterdo said:
I am just wondering if I can get something fancy like a cooper mini :rolleyes:
OK you photoshop gurus, lets see the FJ with the mini rooflines, c'mon, Union Jack Stars and Stripes, let er rip!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
White roof reflects heat better than dark roof... a bit cooler in summer. And IMO it improves the look, retro AND right.

Fearless prediction: Anyone who paints their FJ roof a dark color will regret it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
what about a light dusty rose color?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts