Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get one? My dealer has one on hold for me. He's willing to make an even trade for my '07 Voodoo Blue A/T 4x4 with 7K miles and a few smaller mods.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Do it, I would!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
even trade?! you shouldn't even be asking whether or not you should trade. if anyone offers me an even trade for a loaded up current model for my old model, i'd take advantage of that crackhead and sign the papers right then! make sure this crackhead isn't trying to pull any strings on you though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the only things. I have done some of the more "permanent" mods already. I've done the blacking out of bezel, mirrors, door handles, etc. and I am halfway through doing the scuba mod.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I would say scrap the scuba and put it back to stock breather locations and make the trade. Ive only had my TT for 2 days and its already gotten tons of looks and interest.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Here's the only things. I have done some of the more "permanent" mods already. I've done the blacking out of bezel, mirrors, door handles, etc. and I am halfway through doing the scuba mod.

your mods are low-cost (relatively speaking)...if he is willing to give you a straight up even trade, you should jump on it! even if it was an even trade for the same color as your current FJ, i would sign the papers on the spot! this salesman is smoking some major crack and you should take advantage of it!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
if you do go through with this "even" trade, read the sales contract very carefully...i mean very carefully to make sure they aren't adding anything extra without your knowledge. he could say the FJ was an even trade, but you needed to pay $5000 for them to hold it and $500 for them to detail it, $2000 extra for the new warranty, etc. he is either trying to pull a fast one on you, or he and his sales manager are smoking crack.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I purchased my original one from the same dealer last august for around 32K, the TT they are listing for 34K, but he'll give it to me for 32K maybe lower. I'm actually dealing directly with the owner and gm of the dealership.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
even trade wow what are you waitin for?

·
Registered
449 Posts
April Fools was last month.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dealer wanted to offer it first. Unfortunately, I've been vetoed by the powers that be(the rib).

Her main reasons were

1. You've(I) already spent enough money and time on the one you have

2. What are you going to do next year when the come out with (BLANK) special edition/model and you want that one?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
you paid $32K for your voodoo blue?! what did they add to it, sunroof, heated leather seats, lift, bigger tires, and ARB bumper? you should tell the powers to be that cars depreciate, especially SUVs and that if the dealer wants to give you a brand spanking new one that is pretty much loaded with options, as an even trade for your old one, that you basically got a free lease out of your old one!

·
Registered
108 Posts
2. What are you going to do next year when the come out with (BLANK) special edition/model and you want that one?
If they offer an even trade again, jump on that too. There must be a catch with this dealer. A "true" even trade for a used vehicle for a brand new limited numbered vehicle is a no brainer.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah Um
Tell the rib to make you a sandwich before you head to the dealer and make out like a bandit on a sweet ass brand new truck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts