Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The White_Sherpa- Build Thread

So after having many posts on this forum, I've decided to post my build (The White Sherpa). I don't have all pictures from the beginning, however have found most of them durning the build.

Thanks to the many great post, design suggestions, inspirations and some extra money :rofl:, I was able to modify my FJ to my likings. Hopefully to have many more ideas that will keep this build going. Without the many awesome builds and threads on the forum, along with countless information; it would have be hard to grasp the inspiration of my first 4X4 and build :cheers:

All modification have been done by me, unless otherwise stated

From the Stealer/Dealer

2011 FJ- Iceberg 4x4-AT
Convenience Pkg
TRD-Exhaust
Stock Suspension
Steelies
Non-TT Pkg
Tow Package
A-Trac, Rear Locker, OEM Roof Rack, Rear View Camera

Currently Standing as indicated Below

Suspension

Icon Extended Remote Res Coil Overs/Front
Icon V2 Shocks/Rear
All-Pro UCA- Re/Powder Coated Black (Arizona Powder Coating)
All-Pro LCA- Re/Powder Coated Black (Arizona Powder Coating)
Toytec Dif Drop- (Really not necessary) :lol:

Armor

Demello Evil Eye Front Bumper
All-Pro HREW Sliders (Primed, Painted Truck Bed Liner)
Richochet Front Bash Plate
Tires & Wheels

Goodyear Duratrac 285/70/17
Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17 (Removed)
Pro Comp 7032 Flat BLK 17/8
SpiderTrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers
Body Chop- Done by Ellis Designs

Lighting

Rigid LED D2 Dually Spot (in Grille)
Rigid LED D2 Dually Flood (Demello Fog Location)
LED Mirror Light Conversion- Match Headlights/Fogs

Recovery

SmittyBilt- X20 Comp Winch/ Synthetic Line
SmittyBilt- Recovery D-Rings on front bumper and rear hitch
Viair Heavy Duty On-Board Air 2 Gallon Tank 400c/Custom Mount Compressor

Communication/Navigation

Ipad with Ram Mount

Tools

Just a bunch of needed crap when I brake down

Sound

Kenwood DDX719 Head-unit
Front Speakers/ JL Audio Components C2
Rear Speakers/ JL Audio C2 Coaxial
Sub JL Audio 10W6v2 in Custom Box
Amp/ Alpine PDX-5
iPad integration

Miscellaneous

All Painted and Blacked out Mirrors and rear wings on bumper
Tundra Black door handles
A-Pillars and Gas Door Painted Black
Amaezing Black Decal
Baja Utility Roof Rack/ Standard Size
Interior Silver/Painted to Black on some parts
Front Turn signals replaced with APC
20% Tint all around
Custom Cut Front Inner fender well
Hayden Trans Cooler
Doug Throley LT Headers/URD O2 SIM
AFE-Pro5 Filter
2009 OEM Washer Bottle Mod
Winch Remote Cut-off Switch
Opitma Yellow Top 34/Class Battery
Custom Cabinet Drawers
Whole bunch of other sh$t I can't seem to remember!
Amsoil for all Oil/Fluids

Posts that may be useful

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-steering-tech/158526-maintenance-all-pro-uca.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/138646-viair-heavy-duty-installed.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/144628-demello-evil-eye-winch-install-2010-washer-mod-install.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/125611-hella-horns-installed.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/124590-2011-install-apc-signal-lights-ricochet-bash-plate.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/144334-xrc10-smitty-winch-electrical-issues.html

As The Sherpa sat before I let her go

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ Yes, I did. After a couple hundred miles on them I decided to rip them out. There were a couple reason I switched to ICON

1. The Toytec IMO along with Bilsten Shocks didn't have the ride quality I was after and the lower Bilsten support just seemed to fragile. I've seen people with broken lower support legs on these shocks..

2. For the price, I should have just bought the ICON's or other coilovers as the price difference was a couple hundred bucks.

3. Overall if you are going to change your suspension I would go with "better setup" as this is the main component your truck will be driving on.. If budget is a factor, than choose Toytec or OME or something along those lines.

4. ICON's are proven to be one of the top 3 suspensions for the Toyota platform, the ride is awesome, customer service is second to non and they look bad ass :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
SAWEET Iceberg!! How do you like the front markers? Are they LED and bright? Did you get the rear tail lights that match as well? If so, I'd really like to see what they look like.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stormer, I do like the front marker; however they are not a true LED. They are bright and work well, both as signal and parking light/marker. I did not go with the rear conversion as the cost was to much. The cheapest I came across was $250+

·
Premium Member
16,368 Posts
Great looking build! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Your FJ came out really nice!! The black on the interior looks way better than I thought it might. The black on the a-pillars looks really good too. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Totally agree with Jess- the black out inside is great. Like the 09' bottle mod and pink jeeps pick is classic :lol:

Great looking build!:rocker

Always love seeing sweet looking Iceburgs! :D

:cheers:

OC

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your FJ came out really nice!! The black on the interior looks way better than I thought it might. The black on the a-pillars looks really good too. :rocker:
Thank you. I did have some difficulties with the paint as I didn't buy the correct (plastic paint) at first. I had to strip both panels, re-sand and than apply the proper paint. All-all I'm happy the way it turned out. I just wish there were options from the factory on these things!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Totally agree with Jess- the black out inside is great. Like the 09' bottle mod and pink jeeps pick is classic :lol:

Great looking build!:rocker

Always love seeing sweet looking Iceburgs! :D

:cheers:

OC
I've always liked Black cars/trucks but for some reason the Iceberg was calling my name on the lot. Most importantly it hides scratches very well :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 129 Posts