Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post here, but I am looking at buying an FJ and came across this one at a local dealership (it was a trade-in).

It's a 2010 FJ Army Green with about 20k miles on it. It's got quite a bit of mods, so the previous owner definitely spent some coin getting it to where it is. I'm curious and wanted get some background information as to maybe why the previous owner traded it in after putting so much into it...

Can anyone provide any information regarding this? Thanks in advance!

Here are pics:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have no idea. But I like it. You need to buy it now.:lol:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Sweet....how much?
Don't worry I'm in AZ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea. But I like it. You need to buy it now.:lol:
Yea, but the dealership is asking $31k for it...Wish the previous owner would have posted it up on CL or eBay before trading it in for a MINI. I'm sure the stealership lowballed on the trade-in too (probably with the typical "aftermarket mods don't add value to the vehicle"), and now are trying to gouge any potential buyers.

Where is "local" for you? Looks like a nice rig!!
Northern Virginia

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hmmm... thats a badarse rig!!. . seems to me like the person modded the S*** out of it, realised it was too much truck for them and traded for a prius... how much and where at? if you dont buy... i will trade mine off on it! :cheers: jkjk. seriously tho... BUY IT!!!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
It may have been a Lurker not a member, and if so they wanted something else ...It could be hard times( Lost Job) and Let alone the monthly payment + all the credit card debt incurred with all them great Mods...Probally had to lose it! For ones Loss ...Someone Gains!!! :rocker:

In all reality...I hope my senario is wrong...I would buy a low mileage truck like this one with all the mods and work done! :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm... thats a badarse rig!!. . seems to me like the person modded the S*** out of it, realised it was too much truck for them and traded for a prius...
Haha, very close. They traded it in on a MINI Cooper.

It may have been a Lurker not a member, and if so they wanted something else ...It could be hard times( Lost Job) and Let alone the monthly payment + all the credit card debt incurred with all them great Mods...Probally had to lose it! For ones Loss ...Someone Gains!!! :rocker:
MINI Cooper S' are actually pretty pricey...$35k+

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I swear...I would buy this in a Heartbeat!!! 31K is a bargain for what you get!

Don't let this one get away...

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Looks like a sweet rig! & w/all the mods ~

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Buy that beast! :bigthumb: I can't believe someone dumped it after spending all that money on a new AG!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are those rims VOLK? If so those are some sick ass rims..and spendy too!
sick rig, not a big fan on the rims though look like theyre for an evo or subie imo

Yea, they're VOLK Rays wheels. I like those wheels on an STi or S2000, but IMO don't think they fit the aggressive look of the truck.

Plus, I actually wheel my rig (currently have a highly modified Xterra), and I'd be worried about scraping up nice wheels like those at Rausch Creek or GWNF.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Those wheels remind me of the guy who was going to do a sweet build a while back, was getting started and then the shop/warehouse that the FJ was in burnt down to the ground. I thought he was talking about getting another one, and he was also always building up other kinds of cars before the FJ...VW's, BMW's, Mini's....anyone else remember this?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts