Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just another newbie question

I have a Tacoma double cab and my 1 and 3 year olds fit in ok !

Who has kids in there fj ? Would like to see pics if you got em ! Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: WhO has kids in their fj? New guy here wondering what he can fit?

I have a 13 year old and she owns the whole back seat. WE recently went on a cross country trip from NJ to SC and she was comfy. She just wished you could recline the rear seats like you could in my Santa Fe

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts

My 6 and 8 year old girls have the run of mine. The youngest is still using a booster, so switching sides is sometimes cause for a battle, but they manage to work it out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Both of mine are still in boosters anybody else have kids in boosters in their fj??

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts

I have three: 10 year old boy, 6 and 4 year old daughters. I believe the girls are staying home with Mommy for this year's Summit. It gets a little tight in the back seat unless they are all playing with iPads or DVD players.....

·
Registered
11 Posts

I have a 1 month old in the middle of the middle of the back seat and a three year old that sits behind the passenger seat and it works just fine and im 6'1 and my wifes 5'6

·
Registered
875 Posts

I have 4 and 2 year old boys, in a seat and a booster. No problems here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks guys just need help convincing the wife this will help a lot!

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts

I took a 12 hour trip with 3 Teenage girls in the back.. 15/17/18yrs old... Plenty of room and no complaining about comfort...

Haul the grandson around now in the back hes 10 months old. With the nearly 8 inches of lift its alittle hard getting in and out with him but both the wife and daughter manage ok with out complaint.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts

My 14 & 11 year old girlz (they are both petitie) have no issues with rear seating & have been on a 6 hour one way trip to the Silver Lake sand dunes with no complaints.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I've had two kids in the back seat, a tall 14 year old and small 6 year old, for 6 hours each way. They didn't complain much and there was enough room in between the two of them so they could have some personal things to keep them busy. The clam shell door storage was great for holding not only drinks but iPods, toys, and books. I like the fact that Toyota installed upper and lower storage spots. Also the seat pocket behind the pass seat is nice, one behind the drivers seat would have been nice. The only complaint was that the little window does not open, but there is a company making a mod for this. http://www.fjfreedomwindows.com/products.html
All in all I think it is a good fit for kids. It's also nice for parents that don't want that typical 4 door SUV. If I had to drive my kids around everyday and they were in and out multiple times per day I might not choose this as my only car. IMO.

·
Registered
190 Posts

I have the 5 year old and 3 year old dynamic duo in mine...they love it, and it is their camping chariot :).

·
Registered
30 Posts

I have a three children sitting back there...set of twins (7) and a single (8) all in booster seats, plenty of room our problem is the noise level!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts