Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have to baby sit my dads chihuahua thats hyper as hell, has ADD, farts and is allergic to him self.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have to baby sit my dads chihuahua thats hyper as hell, has ADD, farts and is allergic to him self.
Whoa....better be careful dude I hear if thier fart fumes:fart: make contact with the bites they inflict on you :eyemouth: your like done.:grim: BE CAREFULL!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
We will be bringing the doberkids again. We travel with one in an airline approved crate and one in a seatbelt. Do not want a 90lb projectile in the car should something bad happen. We also bring two fabric collapsible crates for use out of the FJ.
We were lucky last year...the temperature was low enough that the dogs could stay in the FJ while we ate or shopped. There is also a great trail along the river. For those of you staying at Polly's Riverside Inn, it is a great location for dog lovers. We are staying at the BW this year so there will be less loading and unloading of the kids.
The attached photo is last year at Animas Forks.

STOP BSL! Punish the DEED not the BREED.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had another thought/FYI for those traveling with their dogs. Most Super 8 motels accepts dogs...of any size. Many of the Days Inn do to.

In addition to the Washington to Ouray trip, we did another 3500 mile trip to Zion, Bryce and the Grand Canyon. An important tip: Even if AAA says the hotel/motel accepts dogs, call them first...things may have changed. We ran into this problem in Hurricane, UT and had to beg our way into a room. We were traveling with 4 Doberman, you can't really sneak them in in a purse.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
We will be bringing the doberkids again. We travel with one in an airline approved crate and one in a seatbelt. Do not want a 90lb projectile in the car should something bad happen. We also bring two fabric collapsible crates for use out of the FJ.
We were lucky last year...the temperature was low enough that the dogs could stay in the FJ while we ate or shopped. There is also a great trail along the river. For those of you staying at Polly's Riverside Inn, it is a great location for dog lovers. We are staying at the BW this year so there will be less loading and unloading of the kids.
The attached photo is last year at Animas Forks.

STOP BSL! Punish the DEED not the BREED.
I hope to see ya this year. The best years of my life were spent with a Doberman. Nice picture, love those floppy ears!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
We would love to bring our Bassett Hound but she is a little overweight... and we don't think she'll do too well with the altitude...Plus she has a ground clearance issue. :)

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
We would love to bring our Bassett Hound but she is a little overweight... and we don't think she'll do too well with the altitude...Plus she has a ground clearance issue. :)
Maybe you'll win a lift kit for her :stickpoke: Then her legs would go all the way up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hope to see ya this year. The best years of my life were spent with a Doberman. Nice picture, love those floppy ears!
I hope to have the dogs out a bit more this year. We weren't too sure how the dogs would be welcomed last year...so they spent more time in the FJ than they usually would.

We work with Doberman rescue, so we get the dogs that are otherwise too hard to place. (hence the floppy crop job and the natural ears) Portia, the black one, is social phobic...but she is learning to relax in crowds and LOVES to travel. Hercules, the red one, is all love...he does get a bit vocal with excitement when meeting new dogs. But he has made friends with dogs from Chihuahua size to Great Danes. They have traveled over 7,000 miles in the FJ in the first year we've had it. Can't wait for the next road trip.

I have often admired your avatar...we have had only Dobes since 1979, so I have had my share of loses too. They will always be in your heart.

See you in July...look for the waggin' nubs!

Jill O

·
Registered
46 Posts
I keep thinking Abbey could pass as a Weimaraner... ??

She's a "Lab mix" right? LOL

We see a lot of that around here with the bully breeds...they are all Lab Mixes...in some counties that can save them from death row.

I feel your pain. There are always loose dogs around our neighborhood, but the one time my dogs got out after a wind storm someone called the Sheriff. Luckily I am on a first name basis with animal control due to our work with rescue, and she called me to let me know. I was already out trying to round them up and it had only been about 10 minutes! But they are "vicious" Doberman...someone help...save the children!

Abbey is gorgeous! I hope you have many hassle free years together.

Jill O

·
Registered
702 Posts
We are bringing 1 for sure. Maybe 2 but hopefully not. Travelling from Ontario, Canada. 30 hours wont be too fun for them.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
i dont think i could bring poppy to ouray she is way to hyper on trips(10 mins in the car is too much for her) but she has a few years till she mellows out
[/IMG]

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
i dont think i could bring poppy to ouray she is way to hyper on trips(10 mins in the car is too much for her) but she has a few years till she mellows out
[/IMG]
She looks just like roofus......common you can car train her between now and then. bring her!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to bring my 2 dogs considering my dog sitter will be attending Summit with his FJ as well!! But I havnt decided yet.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts