Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there's another thread discussing going to Moab BEFORE the Summit, and a few have mentioned going after.

I wanted to make an official thread for going AFTER the Summit! I'll be going to the Summit with the wife and kids, and she brought up seeing Arches National Park...in MOAB!

Currently I'm thinking it would be so easy to leave Ouray Sunday 7am, right after the group photo, and whoever wants convoy out to Moab. For us, I think we'd do several hours Sunday in Moab (possibly all day after getting there at 10:30am).

I'm thinking Hell's Gate, not sure what else as I've never been to Moab. That's why I'm counting on some experienced guys volunteering to come lead/spot/etc. :cheers: This IS the wife's FJ and it's not paid for, so I don't want to roll it or beat the fool out of it, but I don't mind trying some hard but safe things. Poison Spider? Hell's Revenge?

So who's up for hitting Moab AFTER the Summit? I can watch this thread and add names if need be. (And don't say I should go before - we have other plans and Moab is on our way down to the Grand Canyon before we head home). Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
No problem going after the Summit, you might want to post up in the Brown room also, a lot of them go after the Summit instead of before it. Don't forget Canyonlands NP is there also. If you into the Parks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, we're planning to hit the parks stuff Monday (Arches, etc) before heading down to the Grand Canyon. Originally, she was "no way!" to Moab but she eventually came around!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I assume the brown room is a local FJ forum, but which one?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Before or after, just be aware that daytime temps in July can get to 115 degrees in that area. Everyone argues that they have A/C so no problem. What if you break down and have to walk out or work on your truck? A lot of people have died in Moab because of heat stroke.

Ace

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That makes four of us then (another local guy plus the three in this thread). Now just to find a leader!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am BUMPING this thread! Plan is to leave Sunday right after the photo shoot and head directly over to Moab. Most of the day Sunday and all day Monday for me, good time to hit some trails!

Who's in?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might as well start trying to arrange this in a sane manner (yes, I'm stealing from the other thread!). Hoping some more people plan to go afterward. I'm going to have to hit up the brown room as well to see. I'm sure when we're at the Summit there will be others planning to go.

For AFTER the SUMMIT: Arriving?/ Leaving?
1. blueJack - Sunday / Monday late
2. TTGuy - ? / ?
3. dockbox (a maybe?) - ? / ?
15. (yes, I'm being overly optimistic!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Might as well start trying to arrange this in a sane manner (yes, I'm stealing from the other thread!). Hoping some more people plan to go afterward. I'm going to have to hit up the brown room as well to see. I'm sure when we're at the Summit there will be others planning to go.

2. TTGuy - ? / ?
4. I_FIX_U_UP Sunday / Friday afternoon
P.S. Usually everyone meets at the City Market at "930"

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
blueJack previously said:

2. TTGuy - ? / ?
4. I_FIX_U_UP Sunday / Friday afternoon
5. flatlander2 Sunday and maybe Monday

·
Registered
40 Posts
We would love to hook up with someone who knows what they are doing. Never been to Moab. My truck(08) has the factory off-road package and just the "donut lift" on the front. Will it be able to go on the trails?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
We would love to hook up with someone who knows what they are doing. Never been to Moab. My truck(08) has the factory off-road package and just the "donut lift" on the front. Will it be able to go on the trails?
You will be fine, I ran Moab stock the last two years. Just use (and I hate saying it because everyone doesn't have it) common sense. Slow and easy is the name of the game and if you are not comfortable with the trail/obstacle then don't do it. Peer pressure/macho bs will get you or someone else hurt or atleast your truck damaged. Make sure you have water, recovery gear, sun glasses, sun tan lotion and a hat.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great, glad to see someone more people coming! Flatlander, I've never been but we did just order the trail guide everyone has been suggesting. I'm also hoping that some more people will join at the Summit. I also have a spacer lift, but skids and sliders too. Got A-Trac?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts