Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is always a group that goes the weekend before the Summit and the week after. Who is planning on going before the Summit?

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
2-5 of us coming from Vegas will be spending at least a couple days in Moab prior to summit.
You offering up some trial leader services?? Hehe, none of us in our group has run any Moab trails before.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2-5 of us coming from Vegas will be spending at least a couple days in Moab prior to summit.
You offering up some trial leader services?? Hehe, none of us in our group has run any Moab trails before.
I don't know how much of a trail leader I would be. I'm sure the Keeper or Jim D will be there! They know the trails pretty well. Most of the trails are marked pretty well also. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I am spending an extra week in Ouray, have done the Moab thing several times, normally hot and miserable that time of year. Once you have done the trails it loses its luster, or has for me.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Myself and "Toygoose" are looking at getting out there a couple of days early to wheel somewhere along the way. I would love to hit up the Grand Canyon and/or Moab, as I haven't been to either...

Anyone know what days they'll be rolling into Moab?

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Myself and "Toygoose" are looking at getting out there a couple of days early to wheel somewhere along the way. I would love to hit up the Grand Canyon and/or Moab, as I haven't been to either...

Anyone know what days they'll be rolling into Moab?
I am looking for a spot to wheel before Summit as well. My only fear on Moab is that I want to camp and I hear it is pretty warm camping at Moab that time of year. Let me know what you guys decide to do.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I am looking for a spot to wheel before Summit as well. My only fear on Moab is that I want to camp and I hear it is pretty warm camping at Moab that time of year. Let me know what you guys decide to do.
Do you have any interest in going to either Moab or Escalante/Grand Staircase (also in Utah) the week of Sat, Apr 28 - Sun, May 6? It shouldn't be too hot then. Checking my calendar, I can book that time off now.

I'm going to put this on the LA thread as well to see if there are any takers? I want to make a trip before the Summit and I was wanting to hit Escalante this winter, but didn't get there.

"Maybe" is an acceptable answer at this point! :shrug03:

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
There are a few people talking about camping around the Ouray area the week before, doing off shoot trails and some over near Crested Butte.

I am missing Moab this year, as will do Cruise Moab in early May. Not my favorite place in July to say the least. Fun trails, but normally hot as heck. Plus have seen quite a few break there the week after the Summit. Would hate to miss the Summit because of that.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Do you have any interest in going to either Moab or Escalante/Grand Staircase (also in Utah) the week of Sat, Apr 28 - Sun, May 6? It shouldn't be too hot then. Checking my calendar, I can book that time off now.

I'm going to put this on the LA thread as well to see if there are any takers? I want to make a trip before the Summit and I was wanting to hit Escalante this winter, but didn't get there.

"Maybe" is an acceptable answer at this point! :shrug03:
I would love to...but, I will be going to Jambo in mid April and can't take the extra time off of work. I was speaking of wheeling somewhere a few days before Summit before heading to Ouray.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
As it gets closer horney, I will let you know what we are doing and where. I think about 6 of us so far, but could change in moments notice. The wife hates Moab, more due to our past mountain biking deals with the city. But it is normally quite hot, but doable for sure.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I can see it now...

"Horney-Corney Moab Run B4 Summit" :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
That was pretty quick for a short horn fan. I am impressed.

Not gonna happen 14, not in your wildest dreams. Staying in Colorado for the full duration, will only pass through Moab to and from, get gas and get the heck out of town as fast as possible. Long history of the town with Moutain biking. Off roaders seem to be treated better it seems to me.

I love the Ouray area, buying a hosue there this summer I think, if we find what we want, spending time looking for sure. Have a couple that are very interesting, but have no idea if they will still be there, both have been on the market for over 9 months.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Sweet dreeams there for sure!
Good luck on finding the right place, bud. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
No real rush, we looked last year, but was either a junk hole or out of our price range. Did find one but someone the day before made and offer and was accetped.

Just being there is good enough for me. Love the place.

1 - 20 of 324 Posts