Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back to the FJC has been a fantastic thing. But im wondering who that I wheeled with from 07-08 is still here?

PhilC64 (took a different line at badlands than the rest of us and killed the poor Ti roof)
Dragon (was always egging people to push the truck more, last time we wheeled was at Mccaslin)
Rig57 (first time we wheeled, he was scared as crap that he dented the fj and what his wife would say)
Oragon (loved mud a bit too much I thought, lives near me and I still see him all the time in his truck. Lets meet up!)
(camelFJ) ( was half crazy and loved to beat the tar out of his truck, remember the badlands where he spit rocks and cracked my windshield)
(goISU) (kevin hated the tight spots on the trail, did you end up moving? What you been up to? Are the lights still on the roof?)
(bootsondash) (did not want her yellow school bus getting dirty)
(crusherII) (loved rock crawling and had some connection with UFC)
(grim) (don't remember much of him, just an outing at the cliffs)
(hondo) (another guy who loved mud,)
(cred) (clarance I think he went defender 90, he brought an LR3 to our first meet and we all thought he was nuts.)
(bigblu) (got to be there for his offroad cherry pop on a brand new FJC, saw your build, nice work!)
(swichicago) (AL we had to many discussions about to linex or not linex, glad you did?)

I have forgotten many of your names, but im looking forward to meeting back up with you guys soon on the trail or here in the Burbs.

:cheers:

Joe

·
Registered
929 Posts
Still hanging in there, and so are the lights. So, did you get another FJ or are you just cruising down memory lane?

PS- I am on day shift now, no more trips past your hood at 11:30pm. I get off at 6pm now, like a normal human being.

Good to hear from you Joe.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congrats on the shift change at work! Ill bet that is more manageable... im rocking a new FJC, ice berg white one.... Dam you have a nice UPgrade Path that you have done on the truck! I can't wait to see it soon!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey Joe! Congrats on the new FJ!

I'm still around....a lot has changed since I wrote my build thread. I need to update it. My first time out at the cliffs definitely popped my offroad cherry and I loved every minute of it.

Here's how she looks now:

Hope to see you around town or out on the trails!

-Kurt

·
Registered
929 Posts
You got a white one! Damn you, that's the only color I would ever get rid of my '07 for. Gonna black it out like an '08 TT? That's the look I love. I owe you some serious garage hours, let me know when that bumper comes in, I will help you with it if you would like.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I keep in touch with Digger and Charity on Face book.... They did get rid of the FJC.

Commguru moved to Sandiego last I heard, had no idea he went to the Mother land of FJC! I would love to go some time! Sounds like fun, climb mt fuji like the first FJ.

Kevin, im still not sold on that bumper. I learned after my last one that weight becomes an issues and the lighter you can keep your rig the better lots of things are which is great for the Metal Tech, but Im not sold on the look.

Here is what arrived today!

and what I was doing tonight!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phil... I have to come over and use your Welder to get this body chop completed....

·
Registered
929 Posts
Phil... I have to come over and use your Welder to get this body chop completed....
Better say please, and bring beer or coffee, depending on time of day. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Better say please, and bring beer or coffee, depending on time of day. :cheers:
I'd offer my garage but it is currently filled with my FJ40, 10 Victory, an 08 Suzuki, several axle housings, and a neglected fridge full of beer.

However, I may be willing to travel with said welder and mig gas to another location, if I'm properly motivated! I am a sucker for Goose Island Winter Ale.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Coming back to the FJC has been a fantastic thing. But im wondering who that I wheeled with from 07-08 is still here?

PhilC64 (took a different line at badlands than the rest of us and killed the poor Ti roof) It got fixed and that's when I turned to the LC for wheeling!
Dragon (was always egging people to push the truck more, last time we wheeled was at Mccaslin)Bill is still around and pops his head in every now and then.
Rig57 (first time we wheeled, he was scared as crap that he dented the fj and what his wife would say)He always cracked me up when he panicked!
Oragon (loved mud a bit too much I thought, lives near me and I still see him all the time in his truck. Lets meet up!)
(camelFJ) ( was half crazy and loved to beat the tar out of his truck, remember the badlands where he spit rocks and cracked my windshield) I believe Abi is back in the states after his little Visa fiasco. I believe he's out west somewhere. Chris and Char would know.
(goISU) (kevin hated the tight spots on the trail, did you end up moving? What you been up to? Are the lights still on the roof?)This lunk head should get an LC 80 series! He knows he wants it. He knows he needs it. I guess "She who must be obeyed" said no!
(bootsondash) (did not want her yellow school bus getting dirty) She did a stint in AZ for awhile but came back. She popped on here a few months back. Haven't really seen her. She was a real sweetheart.
(crusherII) (loved rock crawling and had some connection with UFC)
(grim) (don't remember much of him, just an outing at the cliffs)Grim has been around on IH8Mud off and on. He bought a 60 series the last I heard. I saw him last at the Chicago Toyota Jambo. He's still a riot!
(hondo) (another guy who loved mud,)This slacker better get off his ass and finish his 60! I'm still waiting for a call so I can go and help him with it!
(cred) (clarance I think he went defender 90, he brought an LR3 to our first meet and we all thought he was nuts.)He bought a Disco and changed his name to Disco Red. Allegedly he wheel's it with an extended pinky and complains about a lack of leather seats and cupholders.
(bigblu) (got to be there for his offroad cherry pop on a brand new FJC, saw your build, nice work!)
(swichicago) (AL we had to many discussions about to linex or not linex, glad you did?)

I have forgotten many of your names, but im looking forward to meeting back up with you guys soon on the trail or here in the Burbs.

:cheers:

Joe
My comments are in red..

There are some new folks who have come out and were a pleasure to meet at the last Jambo. After I switched to LC's, I started to wheel with the folks on IH8Mud. Lots of very good folks I've met, wrenched, and wheeled with there! I consider myself a noob with those folks since I haven't flopped or rolled yet. I'm trying though!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I want in. Please

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ppatel19... you truck looks to much like mine.. and way to pretty to be wheeled really.... can't have you hanging around with us, it would screw up the good color combos we have going on.. plus we are old guys...:simmadown:

J/K :cheers:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
My comments are in red..

There are some new folks who have come out and were a pleasure to meet at the last Jambo. After I switched to LC's, I started to wheel with the folks on IH8Mud. Lots of very good folks I've met, wrenched, and wheeled with there! I consider myself a noob with those folks since I haven't flopped or rolled yet. I'm trying though!
Love the comments in Red....

I frequent the haters of mud over there to read. not much posting really... But great group of guys and they are so dam hard core! most FJC guys use their trucks as daily and can't stomach a possible roll over! You hit the nail on the head with your flopped or rolled yet..

(actually you almost did, a tree saved you from total roll over at badlands! :clap: )

I really need to break down and get a welder. I could use it for so many things... Like my own bumpers and crap like that.

I hate paying for other people to do work for me.... (although beer is pretty in expensive an you have great taste in beer)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ohh also... Ppatel19

Word to the wise.. don't post your city on where you are from... Your truck might end up looking like this...

Or pics of your GPS showing you home loc... couldn't resist, sorry. That was one bad truck, how many man hours do you think you had in that original FJ? Counting all that stereo, dyna mat sliders ect? I know you love to tinker.

PS- Welders make great "tinker toys" for big kids. I wish I had a garage. Harbor freight sells cheapo Chinese welders for less than $100, just an FYI. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I love your comments too Phil! Too funny.
I also people if the have Grey Poupon mustard at traffic lights.

I miss hanging out and wheelin with the Chicagoland crew. I was out at the Toyota Jamboree at the Cliffs on the first day but only saw Woody and a few others. I do have those days that I miss my FJC.:mecry: But the defender is a different kind of fun.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Or pics of your GPS showing you home loc... couldn't resist, sorry. That was one bad truck, how many man hours do you think you had in that original FJ? Counting all that stereo, dyna mat sliders ect? I know you love to tinker.

PS- Welders make great "tinker toys" for big kids. I wish I had a garage. Harbor freight sells cheapo Chinese welders for less than $100, just an FYI. :cheers:

Kevin.. that is a keen eye... I just saw that! wow... That picture is coming down!

The only reassurance I have that it was not that is that other cars were taken that evening as well in the neighborhood. All toyotas.. And a radio stolen from a VW.

everyone keeps talking about Harbor Freight.. I gotta go check the place out! There is a store in Lombard..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts