Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is trail leading at the Summit this year, and if so know what trails/time slot? Trying to get my ducks in a row for my hopeful 2nd Summit. I did Alpine loop and California/Corkscrew last year. Was scheduled for Imogene, but thought I had a mechanical issue that ended up being nothing and played it safe and not sorry. Regretted that for a good while.

I am leaning towards Imogene, Southern and Northern Gulches runs. Black Bear is an option too, but I am still a Novice on the trails. Gonna pass on Poughkeepsie.

Any perk to doing one of the vendor sponsored runs over the run of the mill trail runs?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,422 Posts
I plan to lead a few this year, but not every day/night again :lol: Definitely a Womens run and a night run, hopefully on Black Bear and Imogene. @Duke Broadway I think Imogene and Black Bear are two of the most beautiful trails in the country and you’ll be fine :smile Only comment I have about vendor-led runs is they often give cool swag, and most of the trail leaders are awesome fun while some others have been a bit out of control. I really enjoyed my Poughkeepsie run with RCI years ago right after I got my skid plates from them...it was neat to chat with them about the design and watch them watching my rig on the rocks as their plates did a super job protecting me :wink

·
Vendor
2,135 Posts
I think we are still a few hours aways from finding out . I lead a Poughkeepsie Run last year and everyone had a great time . I would like to be able to lead a group again this year on Poughkeepsie again. Just so you know there is a bypass on Poughkeepsie so you do not have to try the wall . We all were novice at some point so do not worry about that . these events are the best time to learn and maybe push your comfort level a little . What better time than with a bunch of FJs you can see what lines they take and if something was to happen you know we all have your back .

Reactions: debFJVT

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we are still a few hours aways from finding out . I lead a Poughkeepsie Run last year and everyone had a great time . I would like to be able to lead a group again this year on Poughkeepsie again. Just so you know there is a bypass on Poughkeepsie so you do not have to try the wall . We all were novice at some point so do not worry about that . these events are the best time to learn and maybe push your comfort level a little . What better time than with a bunch of FJs you can see what lines they take and if something was to happen you know we all have your back .
Yeah. I learned a ton last year. Incredible experience.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,177 Posts
Trail leading the new Sydney Basin run Thursday and Northern Gulches on Saturday! See ya'll there!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Trail leading the new Sydney Basin run Thursday and Northern Gulches on Saturday! See ya'll there!
Didn't realize Sydney was an organized trail this year. It's one of the most beautiful and is my usual warmup run on Wednesday. May have to change one of my trails to do it with a group this year.

Reactions: FJX2000

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Didn't realize Sydney was an organized trail this year. It's one of the most beautiful and is my usual warmup run on Wednesday. May have to change one of my trails to do it with a group this year.
Good! I signed up for that one. :)

Reactions: DubstepPear

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
We got approval to do two runs each day with only seven vehicles per group. Its a tight loop that most run counterclockwise and will make for a short day. There are no large parking areas and the narrow (but not too narrow) shelf road at the end looks like its only wide enough for a side by side as you approach it. It is a stand alone run and we do NOT have approval for these groups to include the rest of Yankee Boy or the out and back Governor's Basin. The trail is really tight and technical in one area with potential for damage to non-lifted trucks and trucks with no sliders or skids, especially if it is slippery. I just checked to make sure there were no Tundras :eyeroll: on those runs for me to boot off. :D

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,422 Posts
We got approval to do two runs each day with only seven vehicles per group. Its a tight loop that most run counterclockwise and will make for a short day. There are no large parking areas and the narrow (but not too narrow) shelf road at the end looks like its only wide enough for a side by side as you approach it. It is a stand alone run and we do NOT have approval for these groups to include the rest of Yankee Boy or the out and back Governor's Basin. The trail is really tight and technical in one area with potential for damage to non-lifted trucks and trucks with no sliders or skids, especially if it is slippery. I just checked to make sure there were no Tundras :eyeroll: on those runs for me to boot off. :D
Yes Sydney is a beautiful and special basin with a variety fun challenges, so I’m happy it’ll be included for Summit, and as a one-way road. The narrow off-camber shelf part is “attention-getting”, especially if there is uphill traffic as we had :surprise Otherwise it’s wider and less sloping than it feels :wink Here’s a pic of where it started to get interesting and I had to put my camera down :lol:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts