Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Connecticut and my FJ Aluminum Wheels have a corrosion issue. Can anyone recommend which method I should have done to the wheels and recommend some reputable people I can contact to do the job? Also what would be a fair price for these services? I would rather not use dealerships as they just call people in and charge you more.

·
Registered
368 Posts
What year is your FJ or the wheels actually. It may fall under a factory or dealer warranty. Corrosion warranties are tough to interpret which keep people from pursuing them. Good chance your's isn't the only set. I know about the winter corrosion issues being a Boston born boy.

There have been several "salt area" recalls and tsb's due to the fact that adequate corrosion reducing measures were not initially taken. Not familiar with any FJ ones but I do believe I had one done on a Tacoma for the spare tire winch cable.

Good luck. If there was a chance "someone" else could pay for work needed, I'd look into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts