Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing all these post saying "DONT BUY IT if you've got kids. My son loves it. It's just as easy to get him in and out of the FJ as the wifes Acura TL, or the Chevy 2500HD 4x4 i had prior.

Car seats are just a PITA, part of the work for the reward of the kid. Don't let the nattering naybobs of negativism keep you from buying the FJ if you've got little ones. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have two car seats in the FJ, one was rear facing until our daughter turned 1. While the rear facing seats can be a challenge to get babies in and out due to the side door design, they are only sitting this way until they are 12 months and 20 lbs. Once both seats are forward facing, getting the kids in and out is a breeze. My 4-year old son loves the FJ.

FJ's are kid friendly!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
"nattering naybobs of negativism "

Great Alliteration by the way!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
You can see it in his face "One day this FJ will be mine" MUWAAAAAA. seriously though my kids have a love/hate relationship with my fj. I tell them to suck it up because this is daddy's toy and they have to deal with it. One thing I came up with is the "Crossing Arms Game" every time I open the suicide doors they must cross their arms before I close them.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I've got a 6,4, and 2 year old that rides in the back of our fj... they've been on every trail that the fj's been on... except for the near future..they'll be at grandma's for the summit!

I like the Fj verses my Suburban, I can stan outside and get all 3 in..with the suburban I have to climb in and get them buckled...not the best if you have sciatica.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I've got a 6,4, and 2 year old that rides in the back of our fj... they've been on every trail that the fj's been on... except for the near future..they'll be at grandma's for the summit!

I like the Fj verses my Suburban, I can stan outside and get all 3 in..with the suburban I have to climb in and get them buckled...not the best if you have sciatica.

Wow!! so I'm assuming you have two car seats and the 6 yr old sits in the middle. They have to be pretty crowded.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
no I have two car seats and a booster!... They're tucked away nice and protected.. they love rollin in the fj!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
it does get a bit annoying when they start getting bored..but that's rare when we're driving it cause most of the time we're wheelin it..

·
Registered
449 Posts
Does anybody else have to do a weird dance/shuffle in order to open the door/suicide doors in tight parking spaces, or is that just me? :D
I don't park in tight parking spaces.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm a kid and i love the thing! iv been reshearching it for about a year now and I'm sher this is the suv car truck what ever you want to call it i will ever want...and i know so much about it to.. and I made a list of the fj i want and all the accesories i want and all the mods i want to do to it.~!!! its just plain and simple the fj is bad ass for eneaything!!:cheers:! -keysar

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Does anybody else have to do a weird dance/shuffle in order to open the door/suicide doors in tight parking spaces, or is that just me? :D
Yup, that happens to me all the time, especially when there's someone sitting in the back and wants to get out, we would have to open both doors, thus trapping us like Monkeys in a cage until we figure out how to get out.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
my 2 girls love it, my 4 yr old is still in a car seat and plenty room left for my 9yr old

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.