Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who does, and what gear do you carry in it that pertains to bug out?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I keep my windows up most of the time to keep the bugs out.

A.W.D.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
An extension of the bug out bag. Just keep it loaded, so when you need a break, go on a road trip/expedition.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, I keep my FJ in a 20 foot bomb proof ditch covered with camo netting. And enough provisions/small arms and ammo to survive any possible zombie/red/terrorist/militia invasion. I for one will not be the first against the wall when the revolution comes ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Not a bad idea to have a bug out vehicle with a few days provisions and supplies, especially folks in hurricane or fire regions...or just to get away from it all in a last minute decision. A bug out vehicle doesn't necessarily imply apocalypse.
If your FJ is not a daily driver, and mine isn't, it's a good idea to keep it loaded for the next trip. After every run, I simply replenish expendables and it's good to go for the next run. So in that regard, it's always in bug-out mode.

And if the zombies come, I'm ready for that too.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Okay, so I'm beginning to see what a bug out vehicle is. But, where are you going? Why not just stay put?
Alien

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Okay, so I'm beginning to see what a bug out vehicle is. But, where are you going? Why not just stay put?
Alien

In point of fact, if the zombies did attack in Southern California, there'd be far too much traffic to get out of town no matter how well you prepare your FJ. An M-1 Abrams could simply roll over all of the other vehicles trying to escape the apocalypse. Sadly, even IF I could afford one, the government wouldn't let me have one -- and they burn so much fuel that I'd need a bunch of fuel trucks behind me (driving over the cars I smushed) to keep me going. :(

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Bring lawers, guns, and money!
I don't think that the lawyers are good for much except for use as body shields.

Think about it.

They're useless as hostages. Who would care if you put a gun to a lawyer's head and said, "STOP, or I'll shoot the lawyer!" ??? :worried:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmm my go bag for boarding goggles,gloves etc..snow deck. Tow cable,flat tire gear etc..Army gear got my kevlar helmet and vest rain gear etc.. think Im ready to take on anything

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I don't think that the lawyers are good for much except for use as body shields.

Think about it.

They're useless as hostages. Who would care if you put a gun to a lawyer's head and said, "STOP, or I'll shoot the lawyer!" ??? :worried:
Cannon Fodder if needed, if not then you have a leg up on those without!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
For those who don't know here is a quick description of a bug out vehicle (BOV)...

Bug Out Vehicle for Emergency Evacuation

Many families are preparing a bug out vehicle in the event of emergency evacuation.

What that looks like will vary in each case, but there are a few things that every survivalist will have in common when equipping a bug out vehicle for departure.

According to studies and reading in survivalist forums a common vehicle used as a means of evacuation is a utility sport jeep or truck with 4 wheel drive, and fully decked out for off road adventure, preferably with a lift kit for higher ground clearance, and big tires.

Since these all terrain vehicles tend to be less efficient on fuel, you will want the ability to carry extra fuel.

With baggage racks on top and space to carry passengers and pets, these bug out vehicles are guaranteed to take you where the normal cars won't be able to go.

Now let's here for those of you that are prepared, what gear do you keep in your FJ?

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nobody should make fun of being prepared. I keep a backpack full of survival stuff in my car always. Plenty of water, canned food, shelter, survival 22 that breaks down and plenty of ammo, hiking boots etc. I drive 67 miles to work in earthquake country. This grandma plans on surviving! Thats one of the reasons I just bought the FJ

1 - 20 of 99 Posts