Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the "lets get to know each other" thread, that someone mentioned we should all start our own company for aftermarket FJ parts....I figured we should start a new thread just to talk about doing that if you guys are serious. I am all for it, I've been around a few garages, and I have some pipe bending experience. And I really want to move out of this area. Other than that, I'm not good for much more than a few laughs, lifting heavy stuff, and I am THE MAN behind the wheel of anything regardless of what it is. From RC car, to forklift, to 4x4, I pwn! So here you go, a brand new thread purely for the company you all want to start. GO!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Dude, get CheazHD and IllFJC. Get Prat and Granger. Get EJR and Pancho....

This could rock. I already have some sick ideas running around in my head. I think we are missing a welder.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I right with you, and I even have an MBA. I doesnt mean much but its helpful in when talking to the bankers types.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You guys can't afford me...
But, I am easily bribed with beer and pizza... and maybe Bobbi's phone #!

I've already thought of a few things we can build under the rear cargo area... any thoughts?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, I knew you guys would go for it. Where would the base of operations be? I live in PA, and would probably need to relocate but I am totally game for a change in my life. Pretty boring and lame 'round here, I'd venture to say mid-life crisis, lol....but I am only 21. I just need to change things up a bit, and a new career is in order. I'd def move to Cali. if you can all put something together.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Something told me Granger wouldn't leave this one alone.

After reading the, how old what do you all do, post, I knew... KNEW I tell you that we have a huge group of incredible people here. I don't even know where to start with this though. We should probably get some sketches together and I don't think we should share everything publicly. I mean, too easy for some putz from another forum to jack our ideas.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rooster, what's with the new west? Pretty cool label there...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
hbfj said:
Rooster, what's with the new west? Pretty cool label there...
Home of the Drive-By Truckers the best darn mother sucker PBR drinking band in the USA And just happens to be perfect FJammer tunes

[URL=http://newwestrecords.com/dbt/] CLICK HERE TO HEAR IT HERE[/URL]

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Tone said:
Haha, I knew you guys would go for it. Where would the base of operations be? I live in PA, and would probably need to relocate but I am totally game for a change in my life. Pretty boring and lame 'round here, I'd venture to say mid-life crisis, lol....but I am only 21. I just need to change things up a bit, and a new career is in order. I'd def move to Cali. if you can all put something together.

You sound a bit like me I went form teenage angist to mid life crises with nothing inbetween!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd like to suggest my own band for the FJammer system test.

www.thelamented.com

If you can stand all the cussing, you might stand the rocking. And yes, the FJ will be in a video one way or another.

·
Registered
459 Posts
OK...here is my one fabrication idea.

I have noticed from some reports on this board via posts (and some pics) that the rear tire mount partially obscures the view out the rear window.

So...how bout a modified spare door mount/adapter that drops the spare 2 inches or so to allow for a lil better rear visability?

(I'm a concept guy - I can turn a wrench, but am not experienced with fabrication. Although I can work small miracles if given duct tape and enough zip ties...)

I have a few other ideas...mostly to make the FJ into a Toureg and Cayene killer while not disturbing it's 4x4 ability. :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Percy said:
We should probably get some sketches together and I don't think we should share everything publicly. I mean, too easy for some putz from another forum to jack our ideas.

How are we going to share our ideas with each other?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Tone said:
How are we going to share our ideas with each other?
I'm guessin' maybe we should first decide who all is interested and then put together a personal email list so that we can all exchange ideas freely, through cyberspace, without our ideas being snatched by some of these people who are looking at our forums and not contributing anything. Also, anytime we exchange sketches or ideas, we need to make sure that we have them dated and that the originals are kept under close watch.

The last thing any of us want - if in fact we are being serious here - is for some shmuck to steel some sketch of the FJ cruiser forums gallery or some post and then build it without our knowledge. It would be awfully hard for a startup company, building mods for the FJ, to battle some larger more corporate company for RIGHTS on something we have provided preliminary sketches for.

I just don't want any of our hard work to be stolen rudely.

I put together some sketches of different trailer ideas this weekend. I'm not going to post them on the web for anybody to steal. I would gladly send them to any of you in a personal mail, as I have the dated original. If you build it, and I get the shaft, I sue your ass off.. You see where I'm headed with this?

I'm not sue happy by any means. I hate lawyers. But I hate thieves even more. :cool:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's an awesome idea Percy, and I've got to say...you are probably the most excited about this than anyone. I haven't even drawn anything or done anything, but I want to. If you want to take the lead with this and get an email list started, be my guest because I couldn't if I wanted to, lol. Plus, I sleep all afternoon and work all day/night. Would we even need a machine shop somewhere? I don't know how all this is going to work out.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, one more thing. The only thing I know my way around is CAD 2004. Anyone know where I might find it for a reasonable price? Do any of you have it? I used it in school, and it would be a PERFECT way to sketch some things for the FJ considering I am a horrible artist. go go CAD!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, personally they are kinda lame probably for most, but....

My thought is that none of us wanna wait for another two years for ARB to get off their ass and build us a kick ass bullbar front end. However, I know a welder or two and if we came up with some templates or some actual drawings... I would bet we could have ourselves some incredible components.

What would be cooler than going to sema as a guest? Going as a business with our own decked out rigs! That would... excuse my drool, ROCK!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That would more than rock...that would be something words cannot describe. But I need to get my hands on CAD if I am gonna be worth anything in our little project. Seriously, if you gave me a sketch with dimensions on it, I could design it in 3D. Now how cool would that be?

It would also help a welder to see it on screen all rotating in it's 3D-ness. =)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
True, but we have to get an FJ first so we know what the dimensions actually are instead of educated guesses.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts