Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would share a picture of a whoops. I didn't see a mound of dirt and got a little high centered. Nothing 3 hours of digging didn't fix. Got to love the rockrails. :rocker:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Ill put money on it that the guy driving that little Suzuki swift was not used to driving on the left side of the road and got stuck on the wrong side of the wall with on coming traffic...:rofl:

Not that I would know about that...:lol:

After being in New Zealand and Australia I can somewhat relate.

Did your FJ get any damage to its underside or just some good scatches?

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Don't you just hate that - :lol:

Been there myself - :)

3 hours of digging does not sound like fun though.

Those OEM Rock Rails done good!

You didn't have on the step assists then?

:cheers:

-

·
Registered
444 Posts
are those the OEM rails?? look like they did well!

Yah snow does hide things very well...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
nice! but from the sounds of things you didn't incur any damage, and you had a nice time digging your rig out. thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
OK - I see them now - that is what stopped you - I would take (or cut) those off before going off road next time - they will not "slide" as they must.

You would have certainly gone right over that if those steps where not there - IMHO.

I like your rig - the green is good - real good.

-

·
Registered
444 Posts
OK - I see them now - that is what stopped you - I would take (or cut) those off before going off road next time - they will not "slide" as they must.

You would have certainly gone right over that if those steps where not there - IMHO.

I like your rig - the green is good - real good.

-
good call... never noticed the steps... also i agree with you, green looks solid...

·
Registered
31 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Time to get a transfer case skid.:bigthumb:
I don't believe that would do much good...the rails with step assist is what stopped the forward momentum and then you lose traction front and back...your stuck. A nice lift would help along with some bigger diameter tires.

I have high centered with all I have mentioned above where better judgement and a buddy in a seperate truck and a little recovery gear would have quickly helped me out....Live ...Learn...Have fun and stay safe! :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Speaking of vehicle recovery: If you had a Hi Lift jack, you could have lifted that side of the FJ off the dirt mound, jumped back in the rig...fired her up....stuck it in 4 low with the rear diff. locked, and motored with the left wheels to carry you forward. Of course, the jack would eventually tip over and you'ld come down abruptly.

Never tried this recovery myself. Just wondering if it would work or just a stupid thought on my part.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Flat light in snow is tricky! Nothing like thinking eveything if level untill your stomach hits your chin or vice versa. Good to hear everything is OK. Did you have recovery/survival gear in the rig at the time of your Oooops?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I don't believe that would do much good...the rails with step assist is what stopped the forward momentum and then you lose traction front and back...your stuck. A nice lift would help along with some bigger diameter tires.

I have high centered with all I have mentioned above where better judgement and a buddy in a seperate truck and a little recovery gear would have quickly helped me out....Live ...Learn...Have fun and stay safe! :lol: :cheers:
I didn't mean to help with the high centered situation. I meant it would have kept the transfer case from digging into the mud, rocks and whatever else. Looking at that pic I can't just see it scraping a rut under the fj.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts