Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are you getting to ouray early? If so when? I will be getting there on the 14th as to procure a prime camping spot. Anyone else? My plan for the first couple of nights is to enoy the outdoors and eat some food the more the merrier.
The first night menu looks like it will be wild boar, sweet potatoes, and corn on the cob.
Night two smoked pork, slaw, baked beans( the beans and pork will be started the first evening)
so, if I can get a decent head count on who might be joining me I will be able to plan accordingly.

current count:4 come on now I have room for at LEAST 15-20.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I hope to be there a day early. Depends on what's going on at work, last year I had to work a half day before heading north. I'd like to get in and set up my trailer, staying at 4J+1+1. Then I'd be free to help out in any way.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My 2 boys and I will be arriving some time on either the 13th or 14th. We have a spot already reserved at the KOA and can't wait for the fun to begin!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
My wife, son and myself are coming in a day early. Maybe meet for some beers?

Tomas
Santa Fe

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
We'll be there Monday to prerun some trails make sure things are in order. We will likely be needing some volunteers to help out as well. If your going to be there early and are willing to volunteer, post it here!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
We should be getting there on the 14th. I'm in for food, beer and helping! :)

Can't wait to see this rented Yugo.....:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I expect to be there on Monday and will gladly assist as needed. I must caveat that with the fact I need to ride herd on my 4 year old.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will be more than happy to help out with anything, Just let me know. If anyone wants to stop by the campground for some food and bev, I will have the Trail Team with the imperial cogs on both rear windows.(ala my avatar)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We'll be there Monday to prerun some trails make sure things are in order. We will likely be needing some volunteers to help out as well. If your going to be there early and are willing to volunteer, post it here!
not to be a stickler, but do you belong to a terrorist group?
youve hijacked my thread.:jester:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
not to be a stickler, but do you belong to a terrorist group?
youve hijacked my thread.:jester:

Why yes...I guess i have!

I am glad so many are showing up early. I expect the only trails I'll be running will be Monday and Tuesday. I'll need some of you to help me drag my Pre-runner over Black Bear! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll be there in my rented Yugo
is it the dually?
No joke.
about 10 years ago i was driving from Colo springs to Copper mountain, and what should blow by us, you guessed it a fully modded yugo

dually rear tires, side dump exhaust just in front of the rear wheels, and the most *****'n est flame paint job. I can only dream. after I pay off the FJ im hoping to sell it and get enough money for the IN-famous yugo dually. "wow.... the IN-famous..."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Saturday - Depart San Antonio, Tx
Sunday - Sandia Tram Ride, New Mexico
Monday - Narrow Gauge Rail Road, Durango, Colorado
Tuesday - Arrive Ouray

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Why yes...I guess i have!

I am glad so many are showing up early. I expect the only trails I'll be running will be Monday and Tuesday. I'll need some of you to help me drag my Pre-runner over Black Bear! :bigthumb:

Haha I don't think he realizes you're part of the Summit team. Too funny

1 - 20 of 37 Posts