Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There should be an award (and comparable valuable prize) for the one traveled the furthest to get there.

According to MapQuest, I'll be putting 1857 miles (one way direct route) on my FJ to get there.

But, there must be those from south FL or the northeast and Canada that can easily beat my distance. Step forward and be recognized!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hmmmmm I think Jim_D who is in Crested Butte, who drives the best line on the trail that I know has lost his sense of direction.

I suspect his short cut over the pass to Ouray will backfire and he will complete the Alpine Loop 2007 times by next week to arrive just in time for the Band.

·
Registered
493 Posts
coming from philadelphia pa so far I think I'm the farthest but know others will have farther to drive.
Do I get any reward for bringing three kids for the ride. gold earplugs maybe?

·
Registered
493 Posts
well its only 2051.3 miles per mapquest and the Valiums are needed on the ride out too. send express mail as I'm leaving friday. getting into Ouray on the 9th and getting settled in. looking forward to see all of you there.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
It would have been 2144.86 from my door in CT to Ouray. 33 hours 11 minutes. Oh and the reason I couldn't make it, gas $670.00 one way $1340 round trip. Y'all are going to have the times of your lives. I envy all of you. Good luck to everyone, sounds like there's enough swag to go around for all 200. Be safe and have a blast!

·
Registered
614 Posts
2,036 miles from C. Florida. Almost 33 hours of travel.
I am going to try 16 hrs/day.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Anyone coming from Sri Jayawardenapura? Hmm didn't think so...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Maybe this doesn't count since we have made the Summit destination a trip.
We have logged 2371 miles and are in Maintou Springs Co.
We will have travelled about 2940 miles when we reach Ouray.
Started in Birmingham,Al; to Frio River in Tx and from there to the Chisos Basin in the Big Bend. To our favorite city in NM, Chimayo', and to climb Pikes Peak at Manitou. Then to offroad near Ft. Collins and finally a scenic drive to Ouray.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts