Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why are some FJ accessories so hard to get rid of??! I just don't get it...I've had my OEM running boards that I took off at 6,000 miles. Mint condition and I've had them for sale for almost a year. Craigslist, this forum, other online places, NOTHING. I've lowered the price to $125 for the pair, NOTHING! is it because I had local pickup only? for $125 I'm certainly not going through the trouble of shipping these huge things...

so does anybody have any suggestions on a good place to get rid of hard to get rid of FJ accessories? also what do these running boards go for retail...is my price off?

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
If they're not selling then yes, the price is too high for the market. Supply and demand...

The truth is that not many people want running boards on an FJC; a lot of people here on this forum take their truck off-road and they want sliders instead of running boards, since sliders offer protection and running boards get hung up on obstacles too easily.

·
Registered
458 Posts
if you look more closer you can get running boards aftermarket for much less with shipping from ebay ....

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'm certainly not going through the trouble of shipping these huge things...
This is your problem, you have eliminated 90 percent of the potential buyers by not offering to assist with shipping.

Demand? I think that there are plenty of people that would like them who do not wheel a lot. And thaty are on this forum too. :)

Just wrap them up (it does not have to be pretty) and get on UPS online website to figure the price for potential buyers. Tell the buyer that they are responsible for the shipping costs.

Price?? What is it going to be worth after laying in the corner of the garage for several years?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Ebay is worldwide... I sold one set of running board for $150 plus the actual cost of shipping... there are buyers out there.. they will find you on ebay :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
sold mine and installed them for someone else on craigs list for $100 and I thought I was the one getting the better deal

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I sold mine for $225. The buyer came by to my place and I installed them to his FJ.
He also bought the spare tire cover.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Sold mine on here for $200, then buyer paid for shipping, about $40 from FL to KY. Was easy to ship, didn't even package or wrap them, just dropped them off at the UPS store and done. Like the Hindsight said, be willing to ship and they'll sale alot faster.

·
Registered
443 Posts
good advice in previous posts. I sold a pair on ebay for $125 dropped them off at UPS and the buyer paid UPS for shipping. If you're not willing to ship them, you're limiting yourself to a very small regional buying group.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
For a $100 or so, just keep them, you never know...

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I know shipping is a little bit of a pain for people, but if you think about it that's all it is if the buyer is willing to absorb the cost. I shipped a pair of snowshoes to AK once (guess they don't have them up there) but I sold them for $100 and shipping was $150 (they were the big wooden ones) That's what the buyer wanted to do so I did it.

There are a lot of reasons people might not want to ship but mostly I think it's because they don't want to sell their stuff that bad.

Hell you don't even have to quote shipping to 20 lookey-lous, just give them the size, weight and zip code and a link to a shipping website where they can quote their own freight costs.

Another tip is make sure to include a photo of the actual object you are selling. Goes a long way with potential buyers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know shipping is a little bit of a pain for people, but if you think about it that's all it is if the buyer is willing to absorb the cost. I shipped a pair of snowshoes to AK once (guess they don't have them up there) but I sold them for $100 and shipping was $150 (they were the big wooden ones) That's what the buyer wanted to do so I did it.

There are a lot of reasons people might not want to ship but mostly I think it's because they don't want to sell their stuff that bad.

Hell you don't even have to quote shipping to 20 lookey-lous, just give them the size, weight and zip code and a link to a shipping website where they can quote their own freight costs.

Another tip is make sure to include a photo of the actual object you are selling. Goes a long way with potential buyers.
amen. Imagine if people didnt use photos on ebay. Would it still be a billion dollar company?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts