Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There is a reason why people like to plastidip their FJ's...to get that TT look so there may be something to getting a TT! ;) I say that in jest, but seriously, all are basically the same truck with slightly different options. The TT just has two niceties that make it stand out which of course are the mono paint scheme with black trim and color matched interior. If you really like that, than by all means get the TT (those were two big reasons I bought my '13 TT). If not, get what works for you as you can always get custom interior and a painted roof! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
I don't think the TTUE has the color matched interior.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Base model FJ's have 2 tone seats. How do these differ?
Maybe I haven't looked at a base '14 FJ lately, but I never saw a base FJ with two tone seats. I have only seen them in the TTs. I could be wrong but I haven't seen any on the a lot of the lots I browsed through. I had an '08 FJ and it was all charcoal. When I went to look for my '13 TT, I never saw two tone seats on a base FJ, always the standard charcoal. Colored door panels, yes, seats no.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
I own a TTUE and agree what we got for the extra $7000 is crap!! However if given the choice I would have done it all over again. I don't plan on lifting it and the ride is incredible.. Every day I look at it I smile and thats worth $7000 to me everyday of my life..

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Ever notice how people always say they got their vehicle so cheap and then say how much money their house costs in an attempt to be more than they are??

Just enjoy what you have life is to short to worry about what other people drive or why they drive it..

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I love my 2014 TTUE... I actually like it better than my 07 FJ but IMO I think I had a little more power with the 07 and can tell the difference when I tow the tandem dump trailer. However, I will love it even more when I get the Lucrum Winch Mount back from the metal shop - being powder coated black matching the wings... Oh and I picked up the Fairlead and SwissArmySUV fog light rings today... Yep you guessed it - T-2 Black as well. Cost $50 for the rings and fairlead, 80$ for the winch mount due to having to sandblast all the silver paint off... It was taking way too long in my bead blast cabinet.

Only thing with the FJ's is... I wish they were "Pissing Water and not Fuel". The only time I drive it is on the weekends, the wife's work is much closer than my 45 minute drive so we switch cars. It totally sucks driving a Corolla but WTH, 34MPH I can't complain too bad.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I love my 2014 TTUE... I actually like it better than my 07 FJ but IMO I think I had a little more power with the 07 and can tell the difference when I tow the tandem dump trailer. However, I will love it even more when I get the Lucrum Winch Mount back from the metal shop - being powder coated black matching the wings... Oh and I picked up the Fairlead and SwissArmySUV fog light rings today... Yep you guessed it - T-2 Black as well. Cost $50 for the rings and fairlead, 80$ for the winch mount due to having to sandblast all the silver paint off... It was taking way too long in my bead blast cabinet.

Only thing with the FJ's is... I wish they were "Pissing Water and not Fuel". The only time I drive it is on the weekends, the wife's work is much closer than my 45 minute drive so we switch cars. It totally sucks driving a Corolla but WTH, 34MPH I can't complain too bad.
Ha. I hear you there. I currently am driving a little 2002 ford focus. It gets like 25-27 MPG depending on driving. My daily commute, round trip, is only 20 miles though so it shouldn't be too bad for me.

Saw a 2014 TTUE yesterday evening headed up 400 North just past Alpharetta GA. Do we know who owns one in the area?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I sought out the TTUE specifically because I did NOT want to have to do a bunch of upgrades myself, and to me it was worth the extra cash to NOT have to upgrade it myself. The TTUE upgrades are more than good enough for my personal off-roading needs, and maybe a stock one would have been as well ;-) but the Heritage Blue and TRD wheels were enough to bring me to the dark side

But one thing's for sure—if you don't mind modding yourself and want upgrades, then you'll save a ton of cash doing it all yourself, and probably end up with better components that way too.

I've modded all my own vehicles for the past 8-10 years, and just wanted to buy something that was close enough to what I wanted off the showroom floor, because I didn't want to do it myself. In fact, the only reason I bought a new car in the first place was because I no longer have the time to repair my other cars when they break.

To me, this was a valid reason for spending the extra cash on the TTUE—and it wasn't an easy decision—because every upgrade it includes over a base FJ is not cumulatively worth the ~$8k overcharge if you can do the work yourself. Otherwise, the overcharge might still be worth it if you're going to have a shop do all the upgrades.

My 2p ;-)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I sought out the TTUE specifically because I did NOT want to have to do a bunch of upgrades myself, and to me it was worth the extra cash to NOT have to upgrade it myself. The TTUE upgrades are more than good enough for my personal off-roading needs, and maybe a stock one would have been as well ;-) but the Heritage Blue and TRD wheels were enough to bring me to the dark side

But one thing's for sure—if you don't mind modding yourself and want upgrades, then you'll save a ton of cash doing it all yourself, and probably end up with better components that way too.

I've modded all my own vehicles for the past 8-10 years, and just wanted to buy something that was close enough to what I wanted off the showroom floor, because I didn't want to do it myself. In fact, the only reason I bought a new car in the first place was because I no longer have the time to repair my other cars when they break.

To me, this was a valid reason for spending the extra cash on the TTUE—and it wasn't an easy decision—because every upgrade it includes over a base FJ is not cumulatively worth the ~$8k overcharge if you can do the work yourself. Otherwise, the overcharge might still be worth it if you're going to have a shop do all the upgrades.

My 2p ;-)
I bought a 2012 TT. I am more than happy with it and am fine knowing I paid a bit of a premium. I don't plan on upgrading any, already upgraded by TT package, parts in the next 6 months so it works best for me. I found a great deal on EXACTLY what I was looking for so it is just me being picky and being nervous about making a new car purchase, always paid cash for everything until now.

Less than 35k miles for 27,500. 6MT. Previous owner also, apparently, had hand cut and stitched leather laid over the seats which is nice to break up ALL of that red inside.

Driving the FJ has literally brought a smile to my face every time I get behind the wheel....not to mention all the looks, from non FJ drivers, and waves, from FJ drivers, that I have received.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Only problem for me is the fact that the FJ is Red/Black and I live in GA. Everyone going to think I am a UGA fan and there is little that could be farther from the truth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hahaha I'm glad the TTUE didn't come in Bronco colors ;-)
It is, unfortunately, a very real problem. The only thing I can think of doing is screaming FALCONS. That doesn't bother me so much but great googly moogly do I curse that mangy "university" in Athens.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'll throw in my 2 cents as a 11' TT owner. I bought it because I liked the color matched green.. plain and simple that was my deciding criteria. Now after owning it for about 10 months let me add... The stock rock rails have served me well. The BFG's have been awesome for me in snow, sand, mud, and on the road. The back up camera is also a great little feature. The suspension is soft off road, but it get's the job done for now, it's great on pavement.. super smooth ride. I will eventually swap it out when I put bumpers on. The JBL system is much better than stock, but the sub is flubby, it get's the job done.

If you plan on modding up your FJ alot, and you don't care about the color/ white roof. Take what you can get. I'll admit, ascetics were important to me, and the other little touches have actually gotten me into taking it off road. I've added full skids and I now have plenty of pin stripes :) It gets me where I need to go, and I get tons of compliments along the way.... oh and mine also had an auto starter, so that's awesome.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'll throw in my 2 cents as a 11' TT owner. I bought it because I liked the color matched green.. plain and simple that was my deciding criteria. Now after owning it for about 10 months let me add... The stock rock rails have served me well. The BFG's have been awesome for me in snow, sand, mud, and on the road. The back up camera is also a great little feature. The suspension is soft off road, but it get's the job done for now, it's great on pavement.. super smooth ride. I will eventually swap it out when I put bumpers on. The JBL system is much better than stock, but the sub is flubby, it get's the job done.

If you plan on modding up your FJ alot, and you don't care about the color/ white roof. Take what you can get. I'll admit, ascetics were important to me, and the other little touches have actually gotten me into taking it off road. I've added full skids and I now have plenty of pin stripes :) It gets me where I need to go, and I get tons of compliments along the way.... oh and mine also had an auto starter, so that's awesome.

What do you mean by pinstripes?

·
Registered
304 Posts
What do you mean by pinstripes?
haha good question. You can't see them in this photo, but that the term around here for scratches caused from brush on tight trails... I've got some good ones in there now. Was going to buff them out and then I said screw it, I'm just gonna get more anyway.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts