Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't researched it, but am wondering why I can't turn off air flow inside my FJ. Is there something wrong with MY FJ or is this a problem we all have? I find it annoying.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Mine shuts off by turning fan speed switch to off ?

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
You can never turn off the airflow 100% even with the switch to off. The airflow helps circulate air in the cabin to keep it from getting stale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the first car that I've ever had this issue with. I think that I should be able to decide if I want to breath stale air or not. Like I said...annoying. When I'm cold, I don't want circulating air thank you very much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't matter whether recirculate is on or off...still getting air with fan set to "off."

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You can never turn off the airflow 100% even with the switch to off. The airflow helps circulate air in the cabin to keep it from getting stale.
Just checked Mikey. You're right. Even with fan switch to "off" still a very small air flow. I was just checking all you folks to see how knowledgeable you are. :jester::lol:
I guess you're out of luck vondee.

·
fka H2Pimp
392 Posts
"I don't want circulating air thank you very much!" wow let's cry about it! All it is a little air I don't see the big deal?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
You will die withour air. I'm just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
FloppyD is right. Press recirc and turn fan speed to off and its done.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes this is correct, its always worked for me. just make sure your not on defrost because the recirculate button wont work.

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
You could also turn the vents to blow away from you as an added measure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
According to the manual the recirculate function turns off if the surrounding temp drops. You can lock it in recirculate if you hold to the button for 2+ seconds and this should help stop any airflow with the fan off.

·
Registered
297 Posts
According to the manual the recirculate function turns off if the surrounding temp drops. You can lock it in recirculate if you hold to the button for 2+ seconds and this should help stop any airflow with the fan off.
Hold for 2 seconds! I didn't know that. I hate it when the recirculating shuts off. I'm like WTF as I hit it again. Thanks for the tip! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I noticed the airflow, when I bought my FJ too. I haven't tried the circulate deal, but I do set the thermostat to the weather and the air temp does change. So on chilly days set to warm. You won't feel it until the engine warms up.... Sometimes the fan low setting is too much, but the off setting with warm thermo is just right....:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
....because Stale air is still better than SKUNK air. Or following a beat up '74 Impala air. Or driving past a rotting cabbage field air. Or wheeling in an active landfill air. Etc. The list goes on and on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep the recirculate will shut it off. The air also still follows the temp of your controls. I generally just keep it at mid/warm temp to keep up with cabin temperature and I don't notice it. Also, at least in my FJ, the air comes in thru the side vents, not the middle vents, which can be shut off using the switch on the vent, if you wanted to take care of the problem manually. Many ways to deal with this situation :cheers:

·
Registered
477 Posts
....because Stale air is still better than SKUNK air. Or following a beat up '74 Impala air. Or driving past a rotting cabbage field air. Or wheeling in an active landfill air. Etc. The list goes on and on.
Or oil refinery air backed by a 30mph wind, I definitely know when I forget to hit 'recirculate'.

The price we pay for fresh gas.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Similar question, but perhaps OT: If I just want the vent on, I found that the AC kicks on if I change the temp dial to its coldest. I press the AC button but it won't turn off. Any tricks for this?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts