Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Similar question, but perhaps OT: If I just want the vent on, I found that the AC kicks on if I change the temp dial to its coldest. I press the AC button but it won't turn off. Any tricks for this?
Don't turn it to the last position. If you look closely, you'll see it turns Max A/C on when you put it in the final cold position. If you adjust one position clockwise, A/C shuts off and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Similar question, but perhaps OT: If I just want the vent on, I found that the AC kicks on if I change the temp dial to its coldest. I press the AC button but it won't turn off. Any tricks for this?
Turn the temp dial one notch above the coldest and hit the A/C button.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Just back off max cold one click.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IIRC, every car I've owned (from an 87' mitsubishi truck) to this 2010 FJ has always had a little airflow from the ventilation system even when everything is off.

Not that big o' deal. Adjust the temp or something.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My recirculate wouldn't shut off with the front defrost on. As long as I was on front defrost or front defrost/feet the recirculate came on!! Would not come off

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
i know this is flame free forum, but geez guys my Fj came with a owners manual. As for air flow, all cars do thart since the 80's

·
Registered
491 Posts
not sure if its been answered before, but, there will always be a little airflow, on each side of the vehicle to reduce the change of fog on the windows.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts