Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why do you want, need, or got to have the FJC?
Me, so I can replace my old plow truck and start restoration on it. Also to tow FJ-40 to trails. The 40 only gets 10MPG. Cant afford to drive 2000+mi. Also then I don't have to worry about braking things.

·
Registered
647 Posts
coolcruiser said:
Why do you want, need, or got to have the FJC?
Me, so I can replace my old plow truck and start restoration on it. Also to tow FJ-40 to trails. The 40 only gets 10MPG. Cant afford to drive 2000+mi. Also then I don't have to worry about braking things.

Hmmmm, CoolC. This may be the most profound Q yet posted on FJCFs... Let me be the first to try and honestly answer this....

BECAUSE I FU**IN' GOTTA HAVE ONE! THAT'S WHY!!!!!!

'nuf said.

Spikey :D :) :D :p ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Current vehicle has 165,000 on it. I want something larger than what I have now. My son is getting to the age where I can take him hunting and it will be easier to put a kayak on it and a guitar in it. (I currently drive a volkswagen bug). I used to have a 79 Toyota 4x4 and I loved it. I hated giving it up. So part of this is going back down memory lane a little with the added benifit of a lot more room. However, I will not get into a bidding war. I'll just wait it out and sav more money for the down payment.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Spike Strip said:
Hmmmm, CoolC. This may be the most profound Q yet posted on FJCFs... Let me be the first to try and honestly answer this....

BECAUSE I FU**IN' GOTTA HAVE ONE! THAT'S WHY!!!!!!

'nuf said.

Spikey :D :) :D :p ;)

Don't look at me, I'm with Spike.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fretjock, I have heard good things about the dealer on the north side of tulsa just of Hy on the way to owasso. Still a bit of a drive, but good brake-in miles on way home. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
soooooo many reasons.

1.my 2001 tacoma's relaibility has made me a Toyota fan for life. In 5 years (got it 1-4-01) it has NEVER been in the shop for anything other than maintenance. I am amazed at how well built this truck is.

2. If I'm going to sell my Tacoma (prerunner TRD) I want to do so while it still has some value.

3. I have 2 dogs and love to go camping. The rubber floors, water resistant seats, and high ground clearence are all perfect for that

4. I am frankly kind of tired of everybody and their mom having the same truck as me. Here in Orange County, CA the Prerunner Tacoma is like standard issue

5..To echo reply #1 I HAVE TO FREAKING HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fretjock, I have heard good things about the dealer on the north side of tulsa just of Hy on the way to owasso. Still a bit of a drive, but good brake-in miles on way home.
Thanks, its not that far!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I figure it can handle the speedbumps at the mall pretty good, and with some 22' spinners it will look better than an H3 at a lower cost.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Ben said:
I figure it can handle the speedbumps at the mall pretty good, and with some 22' spinners it will look better than an H3 at a lower cost.
Kill yourself. DO IT NOW! And please, by all means reassure us that you have not yet had offspring!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all new to the board. I have an '89 FJ62 with 136,000 on it and am having to use it as a daily driver now. The gas mileage hurts a bit, but it's more putting miles on that I don't need to. This will give me better mileage, a warranty and save miles for playing in the mountains :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Maddog

Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on the good FJ. It's very cool of you to stick with it. I wish I still had my 77 FJ40. I cried when I sold it :(

·
Registered
552 Posts
Old fj40 I like what you did with the lights on your avatar thing. Do you want to post a higher res version so we can see the photoshop job. I might want to get lights like that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
mappelman said:
Old fj40 I like what you did with the lights on your avatar thing. Do you want to post a higher res version so we can see the photoshop job. I might want to get lights like that.

Hi Mappleman. Thanks and I've posted a bigger version of my Avatar in the member's gallery. You should be able to see it there with other mods I brought to it. The lights are the Cibié Oscars. Very popular in Europe and extremely powerful. They exist as (very) high beams and/or wider beams. If you check the cars than run the Rallye of Monte-Carlo, there's a good chance that they'll be equiped with those lights. ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
When you are writing your reply notice the icons along the top some are for text formatting and the one icon with the pictures of the mountain is for inserting images, just put the URL link to any image in that popup window and your should be good to go.

Look for this icon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Inserting an image

I see. thanks. but that assumes that your picture is published on a site somewhere. i thought you'd be able to upload from your files.
I'll look more into that I'm off to bed now.
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you stick an image in the image gallery it is published. It's kinda a pain when you don't want to upload first but hey 2.5 hours of PS work and 1 minute uploading is worth it. Nice job on the bumper mod, along with the yellow mirrors. Percy might ask for a glossy 8x10 with that much yellow.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts