Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Toyota dealer locator website and emailed every dealer within a 50 mile radius of me, something to the effect of "Looking to trade BD 07 FJC w/ 15 k miles for a used 07 VB with higher miles" (so I wouldnt have to pay anything, just give them the lower mileage vehicle, and me take the higher mileage VB, the color I want)

Within 5 minutes I probably had 10 phone calls. Some I answered, some I didnt. Theyd immediately start trying to sell me a NEW one, or theyd say they didnt have the info in front of them of what I was looking for specifically (even though they got my phone number somehow), one broad tried to sell me a NITRO for godssake!

Turns out only 1 dealer had one, but the build date was 6/06, so no A-trac/Rear diff lock fun there. Thats another point - Toyota "salespeople" who have no clue what A-trac or other features are. Unreal! Rant over.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Well, I don't know for sure, but most dealers (and especially sales people) are there to make money...so an even swap doesn't really get them excited. I can't imagine why they would be trying to sell you on a new one.....oh yeah, to make some money.... :lol:

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
The hit you'll take on the trade will pay to get it painted any color you want....purple with dots even:lol:

And like others have said.....they ain't making any money....why call???

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
it is hard to maintain the bd but it looks so sweet when clean

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hear wal-mart has a sale on paint and rollers this week.........:cowfrown:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they couldnt make more money selling an FJ w/ 15k on it then say one with 25k? I thought it seemed like simple logic.

While we're here - what does a decent paint job cost? Im guessing 3-5k?
(Homedad-the purple w/dots sounds tempting!)

·
Registered
876 Posts
"Why don't dealers LISTEN???"

-Because, unfortunately: It's their job to sell you what they have, not what you want.

A.W.D.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
if youre worried about the resale value of the FJ (cause some people get spooked when they find a car thats been repainted) you could do a vinyl wrap, not sure how much those cost though...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
if youre worried about the resale value of the FJ (cause some people get spooked when they find a car thats been repainted) you could do a vinyl wrap, not sure how much those cost though...
I do a vinyl wrap ever day.:wave:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
used voodoo in Asheville dealer lot and a new voodoo in Hendersonville dealer lot
Asheville dealer jim barkley
Hendersonville= Bryan easler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts