Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
embargos are worthless b/c the only ppl they keep in the dark are those who don't care about the FJ excpet as a source of revenue (dealers). we pretty much know everything except what the special edition will be and pricing, and even there we've narrowed it down very well.

embargos s*ck b/c when you go into a dealership you feel uncomfortable at being so anxious and knowing so much about a car that no one seemingly cares about. it's like being hyperanxious to sleep with a woman. you get all jittery and increasingly frustrated at her lack of reciprocation.

embargos don't work b/c castro is still in power and if it weren't for gorbachev the cold war wouldn't have ended. the extension of this logic suggests that toyota could forget about building the FJ and we'd eventually (in a year or a decade) storm the rocky beaches of Japan and swim the FJ back to US shores.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm thinking that might be closer to a week or two - I couldn't hold out another decade...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I am hearing December 26th for official Toyota Motors FJC info. That would mean official MSRP news. Anyone heard anything different?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would guess that there are two separate things going to happen. First we can expect the news and reviews to be unveiled on the 26th online and mags to follow with Jan/Feb issues. But I would be surprised to see the pricing announced this year (05) as to not hurt sales of 4 runners and tacos. Since we “know” the range of pricing it's really not that big of an issue. I'm holding out for a surprise, my bets of the "surprising value" are18-19K for the absolute base model, otherwise higher is no surprise.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mappelman said:
I would guess that there are two separate things going to happen. First we can expect the news and reviews to be unveiled on the 26th online and mags to follow with Jan/Feb issues. But I would be surprised to see the pricing announced this year (05) as to not hurt sales of 4 runners and tacos. Since we “know” the range of pricing it's really not that big of an issue. I'm holding out for a surprise, my bets of the "surprising value" are18-19K for the absolute base model, otherwise higher is no surprise.
wow 18-19......did you put that in your letter to santa claus by chance?? haha :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Based it mostly on the Forbes info I read, once again save Santa I think they can sell it below 20K because it's interior is so basic and they are competing with cheap options so having a low price to tout will help sales even if the optioned versions end closer to 30K.

Forbes Arrticle:

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Toyota’s FJ Cruiser entered public consciousness as a concept vehicle when it debuted back in 2003 at the Detroit auto show. A production version appeared at the 2005 Chicago auto show. Expect to see it spring or summer of 2006 with a 241-hp 4.0-liter V6, body-on-frame construction borrowed from the 4Runner, optional four-wheel-drive, an available six-speed manual and decidedly funky safari styling that harkens the original and legendary FJ from decades past. A base price under $20,000 will make it a bargain. :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
decidedly funky safari styling
will not be had for under $20K, even if you've been a really good boy this year.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Pancho said:
will not be had for under $20K, even if you've been a really good boy this year.
Pancho has been Quoted... now we have our predictions on the line..... just give us the numbers.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think if the price gets into the high $30's it will allienate the supposed target group it was going after. That's a serious chunk of change, at least in my world.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Taking bets from now till close of business Friday. Common folks put your best guess in and help umm waste time until the real price comes out. Remember this will all be forgotten after the news is released and this forum will take a new direction. :( we will all be working two jobs to pay for the thing. Actually the forum might do better once the release comes and wee actually have something to discuss.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
air said:
you know what i predict? i predict the highest of high end versions will cost 35-38
buy the base model with a base configuration of your desire. than give it a year or so for the plethora of after market products for this thing. that way you can keep the car loan down and figure out what you really need and dont need. or something.....i dunno - i just want my blue one - im just happy i decided on a dam color.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why blue?

i've never made this public here but... yes, black is the only way to go. i am firmly sure that once we see the black one we will sh*t our pants with joy.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i mean, isn't this waiting game more or less like a cold war? the analogy works: toyota is the soviet union and we are the democratic west trying, pleading, knocking on the berlin wall to set the FJ free.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think someone wants to be a senior member...... make sure to make a new post everytime you use a period. :) Oh yeah your cold war thing doesn't work, they never gave us a timetable not to mention it kinda trivilizes the last 40 years..... but hey go for it. Air what's your price bet. :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm bettin the cheese ass base model comes in at just below $20K and once you option this puppy out with every imagineable toy you'll be around $38K. Which is going to piss me off.

But, they said it's supposed to fill the gap between the Rav and the 4R. So, guesstimate $20K base model, $32K maxed out.

Till next year when they offer a diesel and V8 powerplant just to irritate those of us who couldn't wait another month past the release date.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts