Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent the last hour pouring over all the new photos that have been coming available. After studying concept FJ and production FJ....I wonder why they altered so many of the fantastic subtle details that made the concept FJ look so aggresive and complete. The concept version seems very much so to have lost so much of what had me convinced to purchase the FJ.
Good lord even my wife feels there is a huge difference between the two.

One very dissapointed Toyota Fanatic

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Wow, a negative opinion...

I thought the same thing after I saw the production model. But, my mind changed when I saw the vehicle in person. I thought it was going to be a very small vehicle and seeing it in person - it is surprisingly large. I'm 6'2" and it's slightly taller than I am and a little wider than it is tall. Amazing leg room in both the front and back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't know whats production, concept, or anything at this point !! Sounds like it will come down to the last minute like running to class to turn in a paper you have known about all year !! I'll just see it when I see it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Percy said:
...I'm 6'2" and it's slightly taller than I am and a little wider than it is tall. Amazing leg room in both the front and back.
That's very good to here! I am 6' but lanky in the fact that my legs are meant for a 6'4 person, and arms to match... yes I am a monkey. :rolleyes:

I must admit I wanted a PT Cruiser when I saw pictures, until I saw it in person, WHOA does size make a difference. That's very reasuring that the FJ Cruiser is larger than how I see it in pictures. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trust me - they changed as LITTLE as possible as they moved from concept to production. Anything that has changed was either to get the price down to where they wanted it, or for other very beurocratic reasons. I know for a fact, however, that when the prototype was revealed it got such good reviews that Toyota corporate instructed the design/engineering team to keep the production FJC as close to the prototype as they could. There were some design elements that the team wanted to change, but were not allowed to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts