Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
i have one and love them... i'm very happy w/ thier customer service and the fit and finish of the bumper. nothin' but compliments i receive...
most seem to prefer the larger ones that make the front end sag a little,. ;)

G

·
Same here, as soon as the guys from metal-tech get back from Colorado I'm ordering mine. So there will soon be a second metal-tech tube winch caring bumper in the Petaluma area. :rocker:

Jim

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i have one and love them... i'm very happy w/ thier customer service and the fit and finish of the bumper. nothin' but compliments i receive...
most seem to prefer the larger ones that make the front end sag a little,. ;)
I have an ARB and don't prefer the sag!:lol: A good lift fixed that problem.

FYI. The ARB is the only aftermarket bumper that has been crash tested and is airbag compliant. I'm not saying it's better just proven. I like the MetalTech bumper a lot, very good looking IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I think MT is by far the best product out there. I have the rear and I love it. Everyone has their preference and I guarantee that some would dissagree with that statement. Plus they give away free beer and pint glasses at their events. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The metal tech rear bumper is sweet, the only thing that seems to hold me back is the price of the bumper, but as soon as I do have the $$$ then I'm definitely getting one!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Another vote for Mark and the team @ Metaltech.
Very satisfied with the front bumper. Excellent fit and finish. Ingenious modular approach, so you can have with or without winch mount.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I think it is an awesome bumper; money is the only issue.
The metal tech rear bumper is sweet, the only thing that seems to hold me back is the price of the bumper, but as soon as I do have the $$$ then I'm definitely getting one!!!:rocker:
Pricing is my issue also.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some dude crashed into me yesterday. Honda: totaled. FJ: dented bumper.

I'm thinking of metaltech's tube front bumper in replacement of my dented stock bumper. Can I run one without the winch and without the plate? Or will that leave something dangerously exposed? I'd like to buy the bumper and then the winch a little later (I'm a poor starving real estate broker).

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
I'm thinking of metaltech's tube front bumper in replacement of my dented stock bumper. Can I run one without the winch and without the plate? Or will that leave something dangerously exposed?
Yes, you can run it without the winch and plate. :)

·
Premium Member
445 Posts

I installed this one on my brothers FJ. great product.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Some dude crashed into me yesterday. Honda: totaled. FJ: dented bumper.

I'm thinking of metaltech's tube front bumper in replacement of my dented stock bumper. Can I run one without the winch and without the plate? Or will that leave something dangerously exposed? I'd like to buy the bumper and then the winch a little later (I'm a poor starving real estate broker).

Thanks for any advice.
Leaving the winch system or bash plate off will leave your a/c condenser core open. If you drive in places where rocks/other debris are likely to be kicked up by another vehicle, I would suggest you not run it open.

The tube bumpers are not my favorite for aesthetics, but I went with the Metaltech for function. I don't have a winch on mine yet, but I got the winch system because I know I will. I put the winch system on and put my front plate (required in TX) on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts