Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So came out to my FJ today after eating some cake and coffee in Germany to find a note. The note said call me I'm very interested in your car, signed Dr such and such.

If you could get 35,000 euro for the FJ how would you not take it? Yet my wife complains I've put to many extras into it blah blah. I'd take that money buy another fj and put more money into it. How is this not common sense?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
It's not too often somebody offers you more for your car than you have in it. 35K Euros is over $45K right now. If he's serious, I'd think about it.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Oh Euros, I first thought you said 35,000 Yugos.

·
fka rsidey
925 Posts
It would be a tough decision but I think I'd have to take Dr. Such and Such up on his generous offer.

SOLD!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly thats I'm thinking. Wife is dead set against it and if I did sell it she'd pocket the extra money for her.

·
Premium Member
12,952 Posts
I would say no, 35€ is probably close to half of what it would cost him to import one.

I would counter with 45€.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha I wish I'd get that much. I was offered 50,000 euro but he retracted it a year ago and bought an Audi A8 instead. Still 46,000 get me a new FJ, all the extras, a lift, regear,ect

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
I'd go for it...take the $$$$! buy a newer FJ and have a do over!

·
Registered
71 Posts
You sir are one lucky son of a gun. I see a 2011 FJ Cruiser in your future.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Coming from the wife's side, I think she's more worried about the sentimental value you've both put into it (I'm assuming she did also since she's against it) tell her its just a car, and money is money... you'll love the new one just as much as the old one ;)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Coming from the wife's side, I think she's more worried about the sentimental value you've both put into it (I'm assuming she did also since she's against it) tell her its just a car, and money is money... you'll love the new one just as much as the old one ;)
This is exactly why i wouldn't do it.

I've had simular offers in the past. one was for more than my FJ was worth, and the second was a trade for a loaded 2010' Camaro SS. Camaro had 35K miles. Nice car, but i were would i have mounted my highlift jack?:rofl:.

I have alot of personal time and effort in my truck which for me is worth more than some cash and a new truck. Becides, if it works like you want, and it ain't broke, why fix it?

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's a no-brainer, really.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the wife hates the FJ she thinks if I bought another fj she'd pocket the money fromt he difference into savings. Personally Id buy a new one, get the color I want and use the 15 grand to redo the FJ. So far looks like Im loosing this battle with the misses lol

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
If someone offered that much money to me then the conversation with my wife would sound something like this -

Honey, come and see what I bought!!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I am confused which is not hard for me. Is your wife dead set against selling it even though she hates it?

Anyway, I'd do what the other poster said, just sell it and come home with the new one. Edit: It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Earlier you wrote:
Exactly thats I'm thinking. Wife is dead set against it and if I did sell it she'd pocket the extra money for her.
Then you wrote:
Well the wife hates the FJ she thinks if I bought another fj she'd pocket the money fromt he difference into savings. Personally Id buy a new one, get the color I want and use the 15 grand to redo the FJ. So far looks like Im loosing this battle with the misses lol

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Is there the possibility of a potential scam here? they are pretty good at forging cashiers checks and such today...I would be skeptical.

Everybody knows that the Euro isn't worth the paper that it is printed on anyways.....Ooooops, I am sorry, I was thinking of the our money :lol:

Doc

1 - 20 of 34 Posts