Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I see your point, and I don't disagree - it's just not something I'm used to or 'get'. "Back in the day" SUV's we're fairly crude and simple off road machines with no creature comforts but lots of capability. Over the years I've seen the SUV 'definition' sort of disolve in to something else...some 2wd, some awd, some part time 4x4 like in the old days, but overall there are really only a handful of true SUV's built today that sport a part time system and real ground clearance. In general they have certainly all gotten safer and provide owners with many new comforts.
2wd is definitely not for me, but it suits others just fine (and I'm sure in skilled hands, a 2wd is more capable than any 4x4 in the wrong hands). It doesn't mean I get it, but like I said, to each his own - everyone has their reasons.
Lastly, I guess I'd add that no matter who's out on the trail, regardless of what they drive, upstanding off-roaders will always help out, regardless of their vehicle specs. That includes me and should include you.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts