Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SPECIAL

We have 2 of these Single 12" enclosures ready to go. Limited time only We are selling them for $379.95 + shipping... Includes a 12" 12W1 JL SUB.

Only 2 at that price.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mounting depth is Just a little over 6.9" So A sub with 6.9" will fir and have clearence.
If needed I can add a 3/4" ring oin the face easily at no extra cost.

·
Registered
944 Posts
this is a great deal guys..somebody should jump on this

·
Registered
759 Posts
How is the output compared to 2 10's? I am definitely interested but I am trying to prioritize purchases.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will go a little deeper being a 12" If you want more output then the 2X10 you can upgrade the sub to a 12w3v3 which will be great for just about everything.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It will go a little deeper being a 12" If you want more output then the 2X10 you can upgrade the sub to a 12w3v3 which will be great for just about everything.
I missed out on this special earlier. Any current deals on a single 12" enclosure? I'd probably lean towards a 12w3v3 or else source the sub seperately through my installer.

P.S. Your website appears to be down.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I missed out on this special earlier. Any current deals on a single 12" enclosure? I'd probably lean towards a 12w3v3 or else source the sub seperately through my installer.

P.S. Your website appears to be down.

Web site is up.

Call me and I will work something out for you.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I cant understand How is the output compared to 2 10's.Please solve this problem
There are too many variables for anyone to give you a clear answer on this.

For example - How much power?

Which brand/model subs?

Technically speaking, if you had a single 12 being fed maximum power, compared it to 2 10s being fed their maximum power, the 10s would be louder, as they'll move more air. The tone of the 12 will be deeper.

Now say you had 1000 watts (just for ease of math), that you are going to get from your amp @ 2 ohms.

If you were to get a 12 with dual voice coils @ 4 ohms each, you'd be pulling 1000 watts for the 12.

But if you had 2 10s, you'd need to go with either single voice coil subs @ 4 ohms each, to get them to a 2 ohm load when paired, and they'd be sharing the 1000 watts (500 each).

In this instance, the 12 is going to be very close to as loud, if not louder than the 10s, while still sounding deeper in tone.

All of the above are assuming you've picked subs which are well suited for the airspace available in the enclosure. If you start throwing something which really needs a ported box to perform well into a sealed box, etc... then all of the math goes out the window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts